Second Skin Audio

2 FACE D PORT UP OR 2 FACE D PORT BACK....THAT IS D QUESTION

Sooooo Im guessing I was bout right in doing it like I had it the first time. I sent him another email so Imma see what he says, but I still have the old mail and he said that it should be 7ft3 "after" port and speaker displacement. But anyhow, so either way I face those ports it would be fine? I want the most sound possible

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

your still mixxed up, but Im gonna fix that.

CLass is in Session.

I am building a box for a customer, the box needs to be 8ish cubes after displacement with a large port (BassRace Competitor)

so I did some design/math work and figured out all my essiantials, what I came up with was 7.98 cubes with 126^2 of port area(which is almost twice the size of what he has now)

the net cubic feet of the box was 10.4 cubes

this is 10.4 cubes before displacement

100_1291.jpg

this is the inside of that 10.4cube box

100_1298.jpg

so now I have a foundation to build from.

when designing/ math work on the box I found my port was gonna take up 2 cubes so now I am down to 8.4 cubes

here is a pic of that port

100_1305.jpg

ok now we have 8.4 cubes left and I have to take out the sub displacement

we know what that is from the specs from RE AUDIO

15”

Mounting Depth - 9”

Mounting Hole Diameter - 14”

Overall Diameter - 15.5”

Bolt Hole Circle - 14.75”

Motor Width - 9”

Motor Depth - 4.5”

Basket Depth - 4.5”

Displacement - .21 cu. ft.

Weight - 61 lbs.

so after subtracting the sub displacement we have

7.98 cubes of internal volume after sub and after port displacement

100_1319.jpg

hope that helps you understand this abit better

so you need 7 cubes and 100^2 of port area per 18 after displacement tuned to 33 hz.

I will help you design a box, but I need to know your maxx deminsions of the opening the box is going to go into

LMK

David

Not trying to be funny David, but this is what the guy from Fi is telling me. I broke it down to him the same way I said at first. And he said it was right the way I had it. So basically with the port and speaker in the box all at the same time it should be 7ft3 on the inside with everything in it....with everything out of the box its 9ft3. But Im doing 2 subs so thats 18ft3. My enclosure will be around the size of the one Meade had with 2 subs but not as much port as he had. Im going to be using 1" mdf. But I asked him the way u told me to do it and the way I had it and he said my way was correct, I just talked to him a lil under an hour ago. So I might need to say it a lil different. Ok, Its 9ft3 net each making it 7ft3 once the sub and port is in. I think the reason he is telling me to do such a huge enclosure is because of the power Im going to be running and all the upgrades to the woofer. I know he was explaining the upgrades to me a few days ago and he was saying that he usually recommends a smaller box with a smaller port but when its fully loaded and has 4k rms going to it; it has to be in almost twice the size enclosure....He said I could go lower but I would lose Db on the lower end. I got the room so Imma do what he says. Im sure he told me that for a reason, not saying u dont know what ur talking about because I have no doubt that u are very knowledgable about stereos but like I said Im sure he gave me those specs for a reason so Imma use em. He also told me to face the ports back when I asked him too. So I'll be sure to let u guys know how it turns out and have pics to show u.

I think its going to be a groundpouder though, around 8500-9krms and enough dynamat to out weigh a Dallas Cowboy offensive lineman...its going to take me a while until I can finish my Cutlass..(2) s12L7 subz and (2) ZX750.1d amps....dat Cutlass is going to bang too but nothing like the Tahoe.