SnowDrifter Posted August 9, 2012 Report Posted August 9, 2012 Vehicle is an '03 Subaru Forester. I have some 6.5" mids in there right now. Just wondering what would be involved in converting it to 8" mids? I'd like to get it to fit in the stock speaker location as I don't have the skill or time to do fiberglass pods right now. Is it as simple as finding some adapters or do I have to cut out a larger hole with a dremel or something? Here are some pics of what I have to work with. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Kevin M Posted August 10, 2012 Report Posted August 10, 2012 I would check the max depth you have available and go from there. You may need to trim the opening a little unless you have a lot of space between the sheetmetal and the door panel and can build it out with some mdf. That would be the way I would go. Cover the baffle with your favorite deadener and you are in business. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Crandis16 Posted August 10, 2012 Report Posted August 10, 2012 you may have to do some cutting a chopping to get that to work My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.