DDMTuning as someone else mentioned. I've had my set of 35w raptors for almost 4 yrs now. I've had 2 ballast replaced, which were really my fault for placing them in a area that I shouldn't have and another time I used cheap ebay bulbs and it shorted out the ballast. DDMTuning did replacing them, for FREE since the ballast have lifetime warranties on them. As for "k" it stands for KELVIN.

The kelvin is often used in the measure of the colour temperature of light sources. Colour temperature is based upon the principle that a black body radiator emits light whose colour depends on the temperature of the radiator. Black bodies with temperatures below about 4000 K appear reddish whereas those above about 7500 K appear bluish. Colour temperature is important in the fields of image projection and photography where a colour temperature of approximately 5600 K is required to match "daylight" film emulsions.

For best output, I would go 6k. 8k for a hint of blue. No idea why in hell you would want green lights unless its on some project car. For daily, you would probably piss off 95% of people driving.

Also, I've never had a single problem with using HID's in stock head lights. I know many many people who do and have no problem. Although I'm not facing myself, lol. Though most projectors have the little reflector or blocker things that make it so the beam shoots straight and not off to the right or left, it wouldn't hurt to go projectors. But there's no reason you can't use stock head lights.

The reason I wanted green was honestly for show but I kind of what the brightess HID's I can buy that will still look good. Kind of like Angel White maybe? Do I want 35 watt or 55 watt?

And thanks your answer helped a lot! I understand the whole kelvin thing now..

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

(2) Digital Deisgns 3515's D4

Digital Designs M3B w/ Toolmaker Dual Inputs

Mike Singer Built 340 Amp Alternator

Arc Audio KS 300.4

*mids and highs to come soon*

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

yeah dont spend your money on hids and put them in reflectors all they are gonna do is scatter light and blind the living crap of on coming traffic. but if u do go with 4,3k-6k any higher and you will loose visibility at night, and kelvin dont mean nothing to brightness they are measured in lumens . i will suggest putting a projector in your car since you have a large headlight you could easily fit a projector and i promise you will c a difference. ddm tunning is ok but if u buy quality bulbs you will notice how cheap ddm tunning is and the bad part is they take so long to ship lol. i have hids on my honda u would not believe how bright it is and it doesnt blind the traffic.

What exactly do you mean by projectors?

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

Arc Audio KS 300.4

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

I have 12K in my jeep and all I have to say is don't get anything darker than 8K. The darker you go the more it just blurs. I wish I would have gone with 6k(More white) so I could actually see. All well, better luck next time.

I have 12K in my jeep and all I have to say is don't get anything darker than 8K. The darker you go the more it just blurs. I wish I would have gone with 6k(More white) so I could actually see. All well, better luck next time.

That's why I started this thread cause I honestly didn't know shit about HID's, Glad I did though cause I almost bought 30k HID's

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

Arc Audio KS 300.4

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

Just do a 35w 6000k heads and fogs call it a day u wont regret it i pinky swear! / thread

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

30K? perhaps you mean 3000K which is very yellow or 30000K which is green

i have 5000K in mine on 55w ballasts and it is amazing the difference

ddm tuning

How do you like those 5k's? I also have 55w ballasts from DDM. I had 8k's then got pulled over with a warning so I bought 6k's. Last night I got pulled over for those. He only knew they were "conversions" because of the blue tint. Coolest cop ever btw.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

Just do a 35w 6000k heads and fogs call it a day u wont regret it i pinky swear! / thread

Either this or 5000K. I run 5000K and love it. However, a friend runs 6000K in his lows and we can see perfectly fine at night while still having that minute tint of blue.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

30K? perhaps you mean 3000K which is very yellow or 30000K which is green

i have 5000K in mine on 55w ballasts and it is amazing the difference

ddm tuning

How do you like those 5k's? I also have 55w ballasts from DDM. I had 8k's then got pulled over with a warning so I bought 6k's. Last night I got pulled over for those. He only knew they were "conversions" because of the blue tint. Coolest cop ever btw.

best decision ive ever made

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz