Second Skin Audio

Need advice on subs/box for a tractor trailer

Phototini_xB

You can still play with them if they are your own. There's a lot of shops that are coming out with programing for the newer trucks. But anything pre-emission like 07' and older are where the real power houses are.

You can still play with them if they are your own. There's a lot of shops that are coming out with programing for the newer trucks. But anything pre-emission like 07' and older are where the real power houses are.

78-86 Petes. I've been on the side line for 10 yrs now since the wife told the DMV I can't pass the physical anymore. I miss the hum of the tires on the road and the black smoke coming out of 10" stacks. How much power has the emissions stuff robbed your trucks now. James's 2011 Pete sucks on power until he got it fixed. They are also small inside compared to the older ones reminds of late 80 to early 90 KW's sardine cans lol.

My pete is the new 386 the areo version of the 379. It still has no room up front and the bunk is still pretty cramped compared to a freightliner. My truck has the new cummins rated at 450hp with a 13spd. It has good power but Penske has it all messed up because they limit the RPM's on the high side. So when you shit into 12th at the bottom of a hill you actually slow down to 53mph and lose all your momentum. And then it will only pull up to 58mph which really sucks.

My pete is the new 386 the areo version of the 379. It still has no room up front and the bunk is still pretty cramped compared to a freightliner. My truck has the new cummins rated at 450hp with a 13spd. It has good power but Penske has it all messed up because they limit the RPM's on the high side. So when you shit into 12th at the bottom of a hill you actually slow down to 53mph and lose all your momentum. And then it will only pull up to 58mph which really sucks.

That sucks big pipe. Freightshakers had some nice sleepers for sure. They really did mess that up big time hope you don't go through mountains.

That sucks big pipe. Freightshakers had some nice sleepers for sure. They really did mess that up big time hope you don't go through mountains.

No big mountains like out west, but running from eastern PA out to Erie, Ohio, Illinois can be a bitch. In fact I am leaving tomorrow morning to head out to Danville, IL.

No big mountains like out west, but running from eastern PA out to Erie, Ohio, Illinois can be a bitch. In fact I am leaving tomorrow morning to head out to Danville, IL.

Better you than me no offence sir. Went there 18 yrs ago and hated it. I was east to west Carolina's to Oregon so I had my fair share of the rocky's and salt lake was a nail biter also. You have a safe trip out there and I apologize for changing you thread sir. It was fun though the memories that came with it.

Better you than me no offence sir. Went there 18 yrs ago and hated it. I was east to west Carolina's to Oregon so I had my fair share of the rocky's and salt lake was a nail biter also. You have a safe trip out there and I apologize for changing you thread sir. It was fun though the memories that came with it.

Thank you, and don't worry about about the hijack. It will be a little while before I get the new truck so I'm not worried about it.

Archived