Sonic Electronix

Dual Alt. Bracket for 5.7 Truck?

I'd have to disagree, but either way its going to come down to preference. I would rather have as much charging power as possible and then work on my reserve. I know some don't have the space or ability to add more alternator, so their options are limited. But if you can, I say why not? Why run a single alternator and 20 batteries if you can run more alternators and 4 batteries. And for 7,000 watts...you could get away with a single alternator and batteries, although my approach would be dual alternators.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Check out corona_jeff. He is a friend that runs 1 250a alt with 10+ XS Power D2400s. Has been running 2 ab1100.1s, is about to switch over to 2 DC 10ks. If you cant fit more than 1 alt, batteries are your only choice. More charging capability is great, but if you dont have a choice, it can be done with batteries. Just have to make sure that you keep them maintained with a charger more often.

I'd have to disagree, but either way its going to come down to preference. I would rather have as much charging power as possible and then work on my reserve. I know some don't have the space or ability to add more alternator, so their options are limited. But if you can, I say why not? Why run a single alternator and 20 batteries if you can run more alternators and 4 batteries. And for 7,000 watts...you could get away with a single alternator and batteries, although my approach would be dual alternators.

We think alike sir. Batteries are also a lot heavier than an alt and I think it would b cheaper to go with another nice DC alt, the bracket, and belt than 4 more $ 200+ batteries.

Not arguing that at all. I found a way to make 3 alts fit on my truck when no one had done it before.

• 3 months later...

Archived