Sonic Electronix

HDC3 18s how much power will they handle?

I'm debating what woofers to go with. Now AQ are fairly reasonably priced. Not a lot of guys have them over here, none as far as I know. How much power can these babies take? I've got an Audio-system 9KW RMS big ass amp, I am building a my first wall and the plan is 4 18s. Was gonna go with Dd3518s but I'm having second thoughts about it. Will the HDC3s make me happier?

4 hdc3s should be able to handle "9k rated", just stay within tuning, go a bit easy on gains, build box according to the power you plan on putting to them.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

the 35s would make you happier

what amp?

you do realize these are next to identical subs right? and AQ and DD and pretty much the same company...right?

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

to answer the OP's question both subs should perform well on that power.. youll be happy with whichever you choose

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

Okay thanx so far guys. It's this amp http://www.extremeaudio.de/gb/audio-system-helon-90001-mono-verst-228rker-11500-watt.html

- I am aware that DD and AQ are closely affiliated, the price however differs a bit. I agree on saving up for what I really want. Now, the problem is that I allready have two 3518f D2s. This is an "older" version, so I really can't find anyone that sells this edition anymore. That's why I started looking for 4 new subs. However, if anybody got two of the 3518f and are willing to ship I'll pay good money for them!

in all honesty i would look around for 2 more as long as i could stand to look lol they are floating around just tough to find