Second Skin Audio

Wall help..

i wouldnt wall this setup

If Im going to run 3-4 15's Ill have to. Besides, I need my backseats and will need the port room. Dont wanna smother them. Wont have the room to put all those subs plus amps and batteries just in the cargo area

Edited by mrdavebasshead75

Yep, you would have a 2.66 total load or 1.33 per amp. At this load you definitely will not have to worry about having too much power for the SAs to handle. Your box specs seem reasonable to me, I would probably tune a bit higher but either way I think youll be happy

Only 2.66? So that's a really lower wattage isnt it? What would the total wattage be roughly??

No thats really not bad at all. Its 2.66 total but each amp is seeing 1.33 so it would only be slightly less than the total potential if wired to 1 ohm nominal each. So assuming the APs are doing rated you would still have the potential to see 1000+ from each amp.

I have never ran strapped amps personally but from talking to team mates who have and research I believe what I am telling you is correct. If someone wants to jump in and just confirm that would be cool.

Edited by mrd6

Team NorthWestSPL

No thats really not bad at all. Its 2.66 total but each amp is seeing 1.33 so it would only be slightly less than the total potential if wired to 1 ohm nominal each. So assuming the APs are doing rated you would still have the potential to see 1000+ from each amp.

I have never ran strapped amps personally but from talking to team mates who have and research I believe what I am telling you is correct. If someone wants to jump in and just confirm that would be cool.

I believe your right.

Sounds great and they are the Skar 1500.1 not the Audiopipes! If that matters! Ill have the measurements up shortly

Ok I got:

From in between the wheel wells: 38" w

Top of the wheel wells: 49"w

Tailgate to back of the seats: 31"d

Floor to roof: 31".

I can maybe pick up a few inches by ripping up the carpet but that's only as a last resort.

These dimensions are what I can work with.

You have plenty of space. You could do subs up/port back...if you wanted.

I wouldn't wall this setup. Especially being at the C-Pillar. But that's just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.