Second Skin Audio

help with box for 2 sa 12s!

Okay so i have 2 sa 12s on the way and a brz1700amp, i am trying to design a box for my audi a4 that will be sealed off from the trunk into the cabin, i have never done this before and i am still learning about box rise, to combat box rise i would like to do an 8 inch areo port, as well as 45s and fiber resin. the space i have to work with is 35" wide, 17" tall, and 20 inches deep. i am aiming for about 4.2 cubic feet ( is that enough?) and around 35hz tuning. i just need a kick in the right direction!

What type of music do you listen to mostly? are you going for music or spl?

Edited by BanginHoe92

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

Yes they can be. I was going to suggest tuning around 32 hz for daily if you listen to rap. Especially if you listen to slowed music. but 4.2 would be fine.

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

Yes they can be. I was going to suggest tuning around 32 hz for daily if you listen to rap. Especially if you listen to slowed music. but 4.2 would be fine.

so 32hz? okay and is there something you would recomend better for the box size? and what can i do to make sure my box rise stays as low as possible?

Okay so i have 2 sa 12s on the way and a brz1700amp, i am trying to design a box for my audi a4 that will be sealed off from the trunk into the cabin, i have never done this before and i am still learning about box rise, to combat box rise i would like to do an 8 inch areo port, as well as 45s and fiber resin. the space i have to work with is 35" wide, 17" tall, and 20 inches deep. i am aiming for about 4.2 cubic feet ( is that enough?) and around 35hz tuning. i just need a kick in the right direction!

The 8" port would need to be about 21" for a 35Hz so it would need to be firing sideways.

The 8" port would need to be about 21" for a 35Hz so it would need to be firing sideways.

hmm okay is there anything you would suggest doing? like dropping to a six inch port? i hope that wont increase the box rise to much?

If you aren't solely competing you really don't need to worry about box rise. there are a few factors though. Use the least amount of speaker wire and terminals as possible. Running speaker wire straight through the box to your amp would help a little bit. Also, smaller boxes tend to have less rise.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

If you aren't solely competing you really don't need to worry about box rise. there are a few factors though. Use the least amount of speaker wire and terminals as possible. Running speaker wire straight through the box to your amp would help a little bit. Also, smaller boxes tend to have less rise.

i would still like the performance of a compition system, and its the little things that count right? and how about the bolts for speaker terminals? and using like 8 or ten guage wire for speaker wire?