Second Skin Audio

Kicker L7

dl9890

But for the OP, since he is already here and would like to experiement, you are better off if you go Sundown, DC Audio or other non mainstream brands... Personally due to the regional issues I have not heard other non mainstream brand, but I like the way DC sounds compared to Kicker.

Again, there are better entry level woofers. I don't know why any of you are advising the L7 when none of you would likely buy one at the prices they sell for knowing what you do know. It's hypocritical.

Why would you even talk up kicker reliability when you know there are woofers for cheaper that are more reliable.

Essentially you're saying "you should buy the L7, even though i would never buy one again"

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

OP isn't even active in this thread anymore. i'm not sure why I am... I've made my point clear, now I'm just repeating it.

time to pull a kranny

z93Cq.gif

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

But for the OP, since he is already here and would like to experiement, you are better off if you go Sundown, DC Audio or other non mainstream brands... Personally due to the regional issues I have much heard other non mainstream brand, but I like the way DC sounds compared to Kicker.

Well, when I got into subwoofers I didn't know anything at all. So, of course to be Kicker would seem like a good brand because I was a "noob" and blind to all the other brands out there. Now that I've had my fun with Kicker, it's time to move onto something bigger and better. That's why I'm upgrading to Ascendant Audio because it's a hand built sub(Which would perform way better than a mass produced subwoofer) In my eyes there aren't a good or bad brand. There are just lower level subs and higher end subs. Kicker did what I wanted it to do while I had it, and I'm pleased. It's all based on opinions.

But for the OP, since he is already here and would like to experiement, you are better off if you go Sundown, DC Audio or other non mainstream brands... Personally due to the regional issues I have much heard other non mainstream brand, but I like the way DC sounds compared to Kicker.

Well, when I got into subwoofers I didn't know anything at all. So, of course to be Kicker would seem like a good brand because I was a "noob" and blind to all the other brands out there. Now that I've had my fun with Kicker, it's time to move onto something bigger and better. That's why I'm upgrading to Ascendant Audio because it's a hand built sub(Which would perform way better than a mass produced subwoofer) In my eyes there aren't a good or bad brand. There are just lower level subs and higher end subs. Kicker did what I wanted it to do while I had it, and I'm pleased. It's all based on opinions.

Lol! Typo from my side!

I havent heard many of the non mainstream brands!

Good luck with your new venture! You view is correct as far as I can see!

Again, there are better entry level woofers. I don't know why any of you are advising the L7 when none of you would likely buy one at the prices they sell for knowing what you do know. It's hypocritical.

Why would you even talk up kicker reliability when you know there are woofers for cheaper that are more reliable.

Essentially you're saying "you should buy the L7, even though i would never buy one again"

i payed $720 for mine and sold it 3 months latter $800 in the box i made,

so other then people in the usa the rest of the world is willing to pay the asking price at an inflated us. price.

and the resion is,

99.5% of people outside of the us. and 90% of people who run aftermarket subwoofers, have never herd of any of the products offered,

and there is very little to no service or back up support outside outside of the us. as well

yes the is better quality for the same price, and with the options suggested recone kits are available so that will keep the future cost down as well if you plane to ofer power them,

with the excemption of skar, i or one of my friend have tried all of the suggestion, and i can also recommend them,

but i also swear but kicker products, i still run there amp in all of my cars, and subs in 1

an have no issue buying there subs again,

but with all my car i chose the best sub for the application and the space i wish to take up

Archived