Sundown Audio

Which Fosgate Amp w/Stock Electrical

Truck is a 2006 Escalade with stock H/O alternator and stock battery. I may upgrade those at some point soon, but I do not wish to add extra batteries or alternators. I have made up my mind to use the Rockford Fosgate Txxxx-1bdCP line of sub amps, but I'm interested to hear what folks would suggest to be the largest possible sub amp to use reliably? I have two RE SX 18s to push, but ultimate SPL and competing are not my priority, I just want the loudest possible daily driver with the fewest possible upgrades. I'm not planning on adding other amps or speakers to the factory system, but I will be using appropriately sized power and ground for the new amp.

So, which should I go with? 1000, 1500, or 2500?

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

T1500 puts out around 1900rms

T1000 puts around 1100-1400rms

Usually

So I say keep what you have

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

I've got a t500-1bdcp on a stock alt w/ 2 bats I clamped it at 460w clean, at 1ohm it's sufficient for me. The birth sheet said 812 rms tho. What is your alt amperage 110? If so you have a total of 1440 watts to run every electronic component in your car give or take. So in my experience you might get 800 watts out of the power 1000. Efficiency of the amp at 2 ohms is about 80% so do some math and your amp will draw at least 1250 watts in to do 1000 watts out assuming perfect alt output and no loss in the wires. That's a long answer to a simple question which is the power 1500 and 2500 won't be able to provide any more power than the 1000. They are awesome amps tho I love mine.

I've got a t500-1bdcp on a stock alt w/ 2 bats I clamped it at 460w clean, at 1ohm it's sufficient for me. The birth sheet said 812 rms tho. What is your alt amperage 110? If so you have a total of 1440 watts to run every electronic component in your car give or take. So in my experience you might get 800 watts out of the power 1000. Efficiency of the amp at 2 ohms is about 80% so do some math and your amp will draw at least 1250 watts in to do 1000 watts out assuming perfect alt output and no loss in the wires. That's a long answer to a simple question which is the power 1500 and 2500 won't be able to provide any more power than the 1000. They are awesome amps tho I love mine.

so you clamped the amp and it did 460w at 1ohm? how exactly did you manage that. what is your sub wired to, did you get any impedance rise?

so you clamped the amp and it did 460w at 1ohm? how exactly did you manage that. what is your sub wired to, did you get any impedance rise?

Ac clamp meter, 60hz test tone, and an Ac volt meter using the equation for power, P=V*I, I'm not sure what the rise was but I'm sure it happened, I did meter batery voltage at the same time and the voltage drop at maximum clean volume was about 1.7 volts (14.4 to 12.7), I blame my 90amp alt, it can't push enough current to support the amps draw, the amp needs to draw 75.13 amps to do the 812 rms watts which just isn't going to happen on stock electric haha

no. he's saying if you measured/calculated the impedance. if you're wired at 1 ohm, which im sure you are, there is no way in HELL your amp was sitting at 1 ohm during testing. its a thing called impedance rise, and it affects everyone who has a stereo.

Edited by Kranny

no. he's saying if you measured/calculated the impedance. if you're wired at 1 ohm, which im sure you are, there is no way in HELL your amp was sitting at 1 ohm during testing.

I agree with that however the measured power that the speakers actually see at 60hz frq is 460 watts, the impedance rise is not easy to account for without a different procedure the theory is the same my amp is never going to do its birth rms on the stock alt.

My alternator is rated at 145 amps according to Cadillac. Would that mean I could reasonably push a T1500?

Edited by Captain Stupid

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ