Second Skin Audio

Carbon Fiber Box, NEW AMP RACK PICS ADDED, Page 13!!!

Well, now you got a new outlet of extra money to make.

Though one day, you should go with the all carbon fiber theme with carbon fiber cones, carbon fiber mids, carbon fiber interior, and carbon fiber wrapped amps. Even though it sounds pretty pricy, it would be epic.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Well, now you got a new outlet of extra money to make.

Though one day, you should go with the all carbon fiber theme with carbon fiber cones, carbon fiber mids, carbon fiber interior, and carbon fiber wrapped amps. Even though it sounds pretty pricy, it would be epic.

Ever seen a show car with TOO MUCH chrome? Too much of a good thing can be too much. I'll stick to just doing a few things in CF.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

That is true, especially when I don't like chrome on anything except classic cars.

Idea just popped up in my head lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

not too many drawbacks in the custom ones the smd ones are i think 370 amps and 270 or something like that at idle then ive heard he does a 420amp one also call himhe will go through what youre gonna want or not want

american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys. Haven't made any updates to this thread for a while. Been playing around with the box a little. Actually had some time to test with a Termlab last weekend and had decent results. Still haven't upgraded the alt or battery. Did big 3 in 4ga temporarily until the new alt goes in. Before doing the big 3, I ended up with a best of 147.8 at 38hz on the TL. Then I removed one of the 18s, capped the hole, and added the 4ga big 3. I managed a 146.4 with just one 18 on 1860 clamped watts from my T2500. Having a single DVC 4 sub wired to 2 ohms, then box rise to 3.5 ohms is obviously killing my power. I have access to a DVC 1 and a DVC 2 that I hope to get a bit of testing on just for fun next weekend. Planning to do all my voltage upgrades after the 3x in Marysville this weekend. For now, gonna try my luck in the idbl Rookie SUV class, so can't make any changes until after that.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

Oh, and just noticed....over 10,000 views!!! Yay me! That's kinda cool!

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

Ok guys. Haven't made any updates to this thread for a while. Been playing around with the box a little. Actually had some time to test with a Termlab last weekend and had decent results. Still haven't upgraded the alt or battery. Did big 3 in 4ga temporarily until the new alt goes in. Before doing the big 3, I ended up with a best of 147.8 at 38hz on the TL. Then I removed one of the 18s, capped the hole, and added the 4ga big 3. I managed a 146.4 with just one 18 on 1860 clamped watts from my T2500. Having a single DVC 4 sub wired to 2 ohms, then box rise to 3.5 ohms is obviously killing my power. I have access to a DVC 1 and a DVC 2 that I hope to get a bit of testing on just for fun next weekend. Planning to do all my voltage upgrades after the 3x in Marysville this weekend. For now, gonna try my luck in the idbl Rookie SUV class, so can't make any changes until after that.

Very nice.....where is that peanut gallery at ?.....lol......this with no deadner and pretty much stock electrical......I am impressed sir !!!

Nicely done Greg!

I got to hear this last weekend when we did some testing with the TL and I have to say I was very impressed with how loud this thing was for such a large cabin space and stock electrical. I know that 147 with the single 18 is right around the corner, hopefully it will happen in Marysville, I'll bring the AQ and see you there.

Team NorthWestSPL

Nicely done Greg!

I got to hear this last weekend when we did some testing with the TL and I have to say I was very impressed with how loud this thing was for such a large cabin space and stock electrical. I know that 147 with the single 18 is right around the corner, hopefully it will happen in Marysville, I'll bring the AQ and see you there.

Hahaha Mitch, it was really funny when I said check out what's been done to my electrical after you guys had heard my system pumping. Everyone gathers around the front of my truck with interest to see the cool things I must have hidden underneath the hood. Then I pop it open and go "ta-da....nothing"..........lol, very anticlimactic.

And that AQ might help me do better than a 147.....I'm thinkin 148+ with a single 18 on stock electrical!!

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

Archived