Sonic Electronix

Quick question on tuning an amp with the DD-1

K, so first I tuned my sub amp with the 40Hz -5DB track, was fine. ACV was 28.22, and 28.8 is 400 watts@ 2 ohms, so just shy of 400 watts. Now I tuned it with the -10 track, and the ACV is at 40, so does that mean it is putting out 800 watts at 2 ohms? with that said, it is WAY TO MUCH, and I bottom out a lot. So would I be fine, with still using the -10 track, but setting it down to 34.5 ACV, which is just short of 600 watts? Also, all this tuning was done with the DD-1, and will be done using the DD-1. Would I be fine doing what I just asked as long as the DD-1 doesn't have the distortion light come on?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What tone are you playing to check voltage after you set wit the -10db tone?

That being said I guess not to use the -10. Which tone should i use?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Use whatever tone you set with. Here is te thing, you have to watch voltage when playing tones at full tilt. If you set gains with the car off then you set with the amplifier getting around 13v. If you go below that voltage you can clip. But i don't know why you are getting more output with with different tones.

I would suggest something but from my reading none of my experance matters i would just be guessing so good luck with that

Ok then

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Use whatever tone you set with. Here is te thing, you have to watch voltage when playing tones at full tilt. If you set gains with the car off then you set with the amplifier getting around 13v. If you go below that voltage you can clip. But i don't know why you are getting more output with with different tones.

I tuned with the car on floating from 14.3-14.4, I watch my voltage and never try to drop below 13. The reason you get different output is because the tones are different from a -5, -10 and -15 DB.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I'm confused. How do you get 28V with the -5db and then 40V with -10db?

AC Voltage

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I tuned with the car on floating from 14.3-14.4, I watch my voltage and never try to drop below 13. The reason you get different output is because the tones are different from a -5, -10 and -15 DB.

You are wrong, if you set the amp gain with -5, then played -5 your output should be the same as if you set with -10 and played -10. Are you sure you didn't set with -10 and play the 0db track?