Ok so the build is back on track now that my hours at work have changed, instead of going with the polk audo components and 6x9s i will be getting aq pro audio 6.5s and super tweets and their 6x9s and dusting off my old crossfire 35.4 amp to power them. And after that as life allows saving up for 2 dc xl 12s and 2 dc 3.5ks after i upgrade the cars eletrical and get it deaded with either lizard skin or peel nd seal. All in all i have some big purchasss to make on the car before stereo comes back in full swing, but updates should happen more ofteb now long as their is still intrest

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

1800.2 power acoustic bamf

sealed box 2.3 cub each net

all in the trunk of a 98 grand am gt 4 dr

Pictures please, though sounds like your plans are good but don't use peal n seal, 25% coverage of the good stuff (Second Skin, Audio Technix, Stinger Roadkill,etc) will out do 100% coverage of peal n seal.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I was thinkin of doing lizard skin( its a spray on paintable sound and heat deadner) and do like 2 coats. I dont have any pics of current sub stage thats in it. As the pic were on my dads phone and he no longer has them. But soon as the goodies come in ill be taking lots of pics. Im thinkin about trying to fiberglass the tweeter pods so i can keep the super tweets in stock location if i can get paint to match the rest of the interior.

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

So im buying a soundstream amp. 500.4 to push the aqs. I shall use the crossfire for the supertweets. Pics will follow once i get the amp.

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

• 3 weeks later...

So big things are starting to happen. My amp will be shipped soon. I am buying two soundstream t4 motos and will send them to psi to built for around 2k rms. So now the challenge is to find two amps that will do 1.8k

-2k rms unclipped or one amp that will do like 3500-4000 rms without breaking the bank. And to complicate it i suck at saving up money so buying ued and makeing payments are my best bet. Oh and the box will be ported through my rear deck if at all possiable. Pics will start soon as the new mids nd highs amp gets here. Maybe i can find some pics of my setup now and make a video to show how weaksauce my cvrs are, oh and the cap will probly be pulled out tomarrow since it wont work properly now

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

Hope you plan to upgrade your electrical if you're gonna run a lot of power like that, but the plan sounds good, seen a couple of setups in a Grand Am.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Hifonics BRZ 2100.1D is what I have, pretty solid amp for the cost. I got it for $270 off Sonic. Also for power cable, I suggest looking into Radaflex Welding cable, some pretty good stuff, and it's cheap!

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived