alright so heres the story. my name is colton im 18 work a crappy job so gettin in my car and bangin the system is pretty fun for me. Iv had a system for about 4 years now. I went threw 3 set ups in my first truck before i ever got to drive it and now i have my first car and my first half decent set up. its loud to me but to some of the amazeing builds on this site it is nothing. the set up now is 2 12" kicker cvrs( looking to upgrade to dc's soon as funds allow) with a power acoustic BAMF 1800.2 and a small scoshe 500k cap. the box is curently sealed and is around 2.3 cub per sub net. the car is a 98 grand am and my dream is to be able to do small hair tricks. trunk space means nothing to me so maybe with more funds and help from the amazeing installers/ builders on this site i can follow through on my dream :clapping:

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

1800.2 power acoustic bamf

sealed box 2.3 cub each net

all in the trunk of a 98 grand am gt 4 dr

Haha, sounds good. I'm the same way as far as my system is loud to me, but compared to the ones on here? It's nothing. But why the cap? I don't think I've seen anyone recommend a cap before. At least on this site. Batts/Alts... I realize with no funds, can't afford batteries and alts but cap?

And welcome to the board.

Sheena = pedobear

alright so heres the story. my name is colton im 18 work a crappy job so gettin in my car and bangin the system is pretty fun for me. Iv had a system for about 4 years now. I went threw 3 set ups in my first truck before i ever got to drive it and now i have my first car and my first half decent set up. its loud to me but to some of the amazeing builds on this site it is nothing. the set up now is 2 12" kicker cvrs( looking to upgrade to dc's soon as funds allow) with a power acoustic BAMF 1800.2 and a small scoshe 500k cap. the box is curently sealed and is around 2.3 cub per sub net. the car is a 98 grand am and my dream is to be able to do small hair tricks. trunk space means nothing to me so maybe with more funds and help from the amazeing installers/ builders on this site i can follow through on my dream :clapping:

sounds like you got a lot of plans ahead of you. but i would save your money and piece it together like i did check my build out i started with the subs box alternator batteries wire and speakers and everything. now all i need is the amp. if you are going to run DC subs depending on what ones you might want to save more for your electrical and a large amp. and if you want to do hair tricks well then there is more money there for MORE POWER! lol let me know if you need help with anything man. welcome to the forums.

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

some tips if you wanna do some hairtricks go ported, ported enclosures typically get louder. ditch the cap you will have better luck upgrading the battery. trunks are typically a little bit harder to get loud, however it has been done. dont rush to get something in as soon as you have money do your research and planning then do your build.

and welcome to the forums

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

the cap was just a temporary fix to keep the subs and amp from killing the stock altanator on the dodge truck it was in. i plan to get some knukoncepts 0 guage or welding cable soon. iv looked at irraggi and mechman and neither have a alt for my car. so if yall know any company making a good alt for a 98 grand am with the 3.1 let me know. and im not in to big a rush. it will be a very slow build. ill post pics soon as i can. there are some finished pictures of the curent install on my dads phone

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

the cap was just a temporary fix to keep the subs and amp from killing the stock altanator on the dodge truck it was in. i plan to get some knukoncepts 0 guage or welding cable soon. iv looked at irraggi and mechman and neither have a alt for my car. so if yall know any company making a good alt for a 98 grand am with the 3.1 let me know. and im not in to big a rush. it will be a very slow build. ill post pics soon as i can. there are some finished pictures of the curent install on my dads phone

whoever gave you that information its wrong.. it actually puts more strain on your alternator

stinger, mechman, dc power... all should be able to make one for you. I know you say mechman doesn't but is that just cause they don't have it listed on their site? They may not have it listed so you'll have to contact them, but they may be able to make you one. just call/email them and see what they say. I know no one "makes" an alt for my car but they can make me one. Just not listed.

And I was thinking that too miguels. It not only has to charge the battery, it has to constantly re-charge the cap. so although you do get a short burst of power from the cap, actually is worse than not having one.

Sheena = pedobear

stinger, mechman, dc power...

i dont think Stinger makes alternators. theuy make everything else for power but i dont think they actually make alts

try looking into DC power, excessive amperage, or Mike Singer

EDIT: becasue the 3.1 was an optional upgrade in the grand am's you will probably not find it on a Manufacturer's website. you will probably have to email them about it.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

ok i have emailed most of the companys you have listed to see if a alt can be made up for my car. my question is would it hurt anything to use welding cable for big 3 and to run some 0 guage to the back and adapt it down to 4 guage. iv seen it used in a few builds but just wonder if its better to use somthing like knu concepts. ok just checked knuconcepts site and they make a alt for my car but its only 160amp. i figured id need like a 200 or 250 to support a dc 2k amp or incase i do get really crazy in the future

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

ok i have emailed most of the companys you have listed to see if a alt can be made up for my car. my question is would it hurt anything to use welding cable for big 3 and to run some 0 guage to the back and adapt it down to 4 guage. iv seen it used in a few builds but just wonder if its better to use somthing like knu concepts. ok just checked knuconcepts site and they make a alt for my car but its only 160amp. i figured id need like a 200 or 250 to support a dc 2k amp or incase i do get really crazy in the future

Welding cable works great, a lot of people us it. And if they only make a 160amp, look into a dual alternator bracket and run a 160A with your stock alt. and throw in a couple batteries.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Archived