Jump to content

Should I keep it or just let it go......


  

46 members have voted

  1. 1. Should I keep it or just let it go......

    • Keep it
      4
    • Let it go..
      17
    • Wing it for now?
      1
    • Take it to the Grand Canyon and and drive it off the cliff to how long it takes to reach the bottom lol
      24


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm thinking a small or .25 ton extented cab truck like a S-10, sonoma or a 350 1500. I was thinking smaller then gas would be so bad like a V6 or four cylinder.

then using the whole beat seat area for a system. maybe when I can learn do something with the door panels.

S10/blazer MPG isn't that great. I get 18mpg "country" lol

this damn thing get 16/19 from a 155hp 2.5 V6 24V, my foxbody 5.0 got better MPG then this car

i got a 5.0 too in a flareside f150 though 93 i get about 18 hwy

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Posted

you guys really do want me to take it to the Grand Canyon lmao :captain:

It would make one hell of a youtube video!

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

Posted

you guys really do want me to take it to the Grand Canyon lmao :captain:

It would make one hell of a youtube video!

lmao I'm sure it would!

If those ks series are not on a amp be prepared for harshness coming your way when you do. Those titanium tweeters can be pretty harsh

I have them power by my ZX350.4

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

 

Posted

You know, if you are trying to get an alt, are you sure you are asking the right questions? Mechman told me, no alt for you. But i did some digging, and they have a universal small case alt. 133mm style that will actually fit my car. Of course they said i will need a bracket.

But the point is, you might have an option for an alternator. It just seems like unless you ask for the universal fit they don't tell you about it. I guess it's to protect them from someone buying it accidentally and then complaining it doesn't fit. Just an idea. Even if they can't match your plug style, you may be able to make something.

I guess this all depends on how bad you want a high output alt.

Posted

You know, if you are trying to get an alt, are you sure you are asking the right questions? Mechman told me, no alt for you. But i did some digging, and they have a universal small case alt. 133mm style that will actually fit my car. Of course they said i will need a bracket.

But the point is, you might have an option for an alternator. It just seems like unless you ask for the universal fit they don't tell you about it. I guess it's to protect them from someone buying it accidentally and then complaining it doesn't fit. Just an idea. Even if they can't match your plug style, you may be able to make something.

I guess this all depends on how bad you want a high output alt.

well I have to be able to keep enough supply to the AQ2200D where it wouldn't clip. I want a quality setup where other can be like " good Job"

I found that Excessive Amperage can build me a 170A alt specifically for my 2000 Grand Vitara, plug n' all for 360-380.

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

 

  • 3 months later...
Posted

So I'm agreeing with the forum and I'm going to let it go. I finally paid the damn thing off and now it's time to get another vehicle.

I was interested in two vehicle.. Either an extended cab S-10 or Ranger

S10truck_zpsbcb57182.jpg1995fordranger_zpsa6871a17.jpeg

Sorry for the picture being so huge, I thought it would be smaller

I'm trying to either trade my vehicle for one, or gather up some extra money and sell mine to buy one..

While owning the truck, I can build a box that can fit in the extended area of the cab, sit 2 people comfortably and have the bed for hauling whatever I want!!

oh and I almost forgot..........

Sq-22001Soundqued_zpsb717f33f.jpg

I got my Soundqued Q1-2200.1 via UPS!!!

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

 

Posted

My 4 cyl gets 17 with my setup.....keep it

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

Posted

That's what I'm getting now with grand vitara, but check this out..

This is a email for an alternator that I got from Stinger

Hello Jerry

Here are the S 10 options first
MDL PRICE IDLE OUTPUT
230A $389 130A (stock case upgrade)
All large cases (same bolt pattern)
250A $419 160A
275A $439 170A
350A $549 200A
All units come w/ a lifetime warranty that covers any labor and return shipping (just not parts) You can add a powder coating option on any order for an additional 48 dollars.
If you would like to add the adjustable regulator for any of these a single regulator can charge up to two alternators at once and this is a $139 option.
The grand Vitara is a 150A upgrade from the stock 80A. This upgrade is $389 shipped with my same lifetime warranty on labor.
-mike
And Excessive Amperage email I got in regards to the Grand Vitara.
" I can build about a 170 amp that will bolt right in. It would be $360 and I have free shipping in the lower 48. I do accept paypal, Let me know how I can help."

And I normally order my wiring from KnuKonceptz and they didn't even carry the alternator for the Grand Vitara, but do for the S10..

160A alternator for $225.00 - S-10 Pickup http://www.knukonceptz.com/domaltindex.cfm

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

 

Posted

If you want a vehicle just for doing a good setup..ditch the vitara..but go with something else then the S-10..unless you want to do a blow through or wall. IMO a SUV would be a better option.

Trailblazer maybe?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 8773 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...