i have a 95 dodge intrepid 3.3liter. well we forgot to change the oil and now theres a engine knock in the lower part of the motor. i was going to buy a new motor and put it in to see if i can sell the car. then i was told i HAVE to take the k-frame out to take out the motor. is it possible to take it out without dropping the k-frame. ive been told yes and no. so idk what to believe. need some help here. oh and if i can do it without dropping the k-frame could someone tell me where i can get a 3.3 for cheap?

dood... drop the fucken oilpan, and then go to auto zone and get the main bearings, and rod bearings, and replace them.. get a torque wrench and a chilton book to see what they need to be torqued down to.. then get some assembly gear oil, and use it when you put on the parts.. it will keep everything lubed up til you build up oil pressure.. i done this on my 95 eclipse. it is a 2 hr job.. :)

may cost you less 100 bucks to do.. saves you more money and time to replace the the bearings then the whole motor..

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

ohhh yeah..and FYI you dont get a engine knock by NOT CHANGING YOUR OIL.. you get engine knocks by not letting your car warm up in the mornning, on a cold start, then you hop in the fucker and drive away before letting your motor build up oil pressure.. has notheing to do with oil changes.. i have gone 10,000 miles on my car and not done a oil change and i never had a knock...

x1000 on that

my van is over 25 years old and its on the orignal motor and i dont have smoke nor knocks, but i do let it warm up before i drive it.... and i change the oil maybe once every year or 2 lol.,.... proper maint has little to do with it, its proper use that has the most to do with it

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

x1000 on that

my van is over 25 years old and its on the orignal motor and i dont have smoke nor knocks, but i do let it warm up before i drive it.... and i change the oil maybe once every year or 2 lol.,.... proper maint has little to do with it, its proper use that has the most to do with it

thank you... i have been working on car engines a long time.. i dont pay for enyone to do anything on my car but the smog test.. i do all my stuff.. it is a saturday job to put the car up on the jack stands and drain the oil, and repleace the rod bearings.

do the easy job and replace the bearings.. and start letting the fucker warm up 5 - 10 minutes every mornning... wake up a couple minutes early to save your motor... if not.. you will be doing this a lot..

Question, in ohio it gets fucking cold as hell right.. I get up in the mornings and warm it up for about 5 mins and then drive, I used to let it warm up more but it was no use, that little 4 banger didn't produce hardly any heat before i drove it, am I doing major harm to my motor? I mean Im letting it run enough to get the juices flowing before I take off, and I don't drive like a bat out of hell until its up to operating temperature

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

best thing for people up north where it really gets cold is to get your car a oil pan blanket

its got heater elemnts in the blanket that sticks to the oil pan and plugs into an outlet and keeps the oil warm so when you start it the oil isnt so thick and hard that the car is running without much oil lub untill the oil heats back to a flowing temp

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Question, in ohio it gets fucking cold as hell right.. I get up in the mornings and warm it up for about 5 mins and then drive, I used to let it warm up more but it was no use, that little 4 banger didn't produce hardly any heat before i drove it, am I doing major harm to my motor? I mean Im letting it run enough to get the juices flowing before I take off, and I don't drive like a bat out of hell until its up to operating temperature

as long as you are letting it warm up enough to build up oil pressure... you are fine.. if you are reving 3-4,000 rpm yes.. you can be hurting the motor on a cold start.. you need oil to get to be on the lifters and bearings.. if you let the warm up 5 minutes it is the best thing for you.. even though you think it isnt doing anything... it is doing more for your motor than you think.. keep oil in it.. dont let it run low.. keep water in it.. keep up maintenance.. the best thing for you.. i have a 4 banger, and i wake up, throw on my slippers and shit, and go start up my car.. then go get dressed for work.. and by the time i come out, i hop in and leave...

i never had any problems with my motor..