Sonic Electronix

Alright,

Im installing an alpine 4-channel amplifier in my sable and something that at what time seemed to be an easy install is turning into a royal pain in the ass due to LOC's.

What i need to know, I have a mercury sable with electronic AC controls so the scosche headunit kit won't work, but is there a way to put an aftermarket headunit in cause the LOC's just dont seem to be cutting it.

What is ur guys opinion on LOC's.

1996 Mercury Sable Stationwagon

- Infinity Kappa 682.7 cf's front and back

- Alpine Pdx-4.100

- Hifonics Txi 1008D

- Fi 12" Q, ported at 33Hz

- Kicker distribution hardware

- (1) Kicker 4 gauge run

Plans....

- Sound Processor (Rockford 3sixty.2 or MTX)

- Dynamat

- another Fi Q 12

- H/O alternator

- Aftermarket Headunit

- Component set for upfront

i use one in my 01 taurus, probably very similar to yours, and mine works amazing. I have two amps, and 10 aftermarket speakers all with a factory deck.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

ive never really had any problems with them.. i like the stinger one for its price..

i have used both stinger and scoshe.. that scoshe universal kit for cars is where you go wrong.. if you go to best buy, you can get the right kit for your car.. do not go to wal mart and get the universal one for ford.. that says it works in mercury..

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

i have used both stinger and scoshe.. that scoshe universal kit for cars is where you go wrong.. if you go to best buy, you can get the right kit for your car.. do not go to wal mart and get the universal one for ford.. that says it works in mercury..

are u talking about the mounting brackets or LOC's, I'm acually really thinking of just putting the whole amp installation on hold till i can get a new headunit and install it in the center consel.

My problem with the LOC's is that some channels seem not to be supplying a high enough output and there seems to be alot of noise and static which is probably due largely in part of the FM adapter for the ipod.

- Alpine Pdx-4.100

- Hifonics Txi 1008D

- (1) Kicker 4 gauge run

Plans....

- Dynamat

- another Fi Q 12

- H/O alternator

- Aftermarket Headunit

are u talking about the mounting brackets or LOC's, I'm acually really thinking of just putting the whole amp installation on hold till i can get a new headunit and install it in the center consel.

My problem with the LOC's is that some channels seem not to be supplying a high enough output and there seems to be alot of noise and static which is probably due largely in part of the FM adapter for the ipod.

i am talking about the whole kit.. you can get the kits with aftermarket head unit wireing harness.. do it all the right way. so you do not have any shorts in the line.. one short could have you in flames, or just blow fuses left and right.. i wouldnt run the stock deck..

you will run into interference with aftermarket stuff going to a stock deck.. with my stock deck i couldnt run rca to, so a guy gave me a unit to run speaker wire to and it then turns into rcas.. i said fuck all that and bought a deck, and all the wiring harnesses to go from my stock plugins to a aftermaket radio. then i bought a scoshe kit to take down the BIG area to a small deck area.. like i said.. i got everything from best buy.. i got hooked up pretty good and didnt spend 250.00 with the deck and kit and everything.. and it was all done right..

post-999-1200174247_thumb.jpg

Edited by XtremeSPL

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

http://www.mobileaudiocontrol.com/product....1=17612&l2=

I put one of those in my buddy's jeep that he wanted to retain his factory navigation in. Worked like a charm... doesn't sound bad at all either.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

i am talking about the whole kit.. you can get the kits with aftermarket head unit wireing harness.. do it all the right way. so you do not have any shorts in the line.. one short could have you in flames, or just blow fuses left and right.. i wouldnt run the stock deck..

you will run into interference with aftermarket stuff going to a stock deck.. with my stock deck i couldnt run rca to, so a guy gave me a unit to run speaker wire to and it then turns into rcas.. i said fuck all that and bought a deck, and all the wiring harnesses to go from my stock plugins to a aftermaket radio. then i bought a scoshe kit to take down the BIG area to a small deck area.. like i said.. i got everything from best buy.. i got hooked up pretty good and didnt spend 250.00 with the deck and kit and everything.. and it was all done right.. .

He has the electronic heater controls... metra and scosche neither one make a kit for the electronic ones...

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

haha yeah its been done and it looked really good but its hard to do and beyond my ability, im thinkin either just install in the center consel or pray for my car to day and get a different one haha.

- Alpine Pdx-4.100

- Hifonics Txi 1008D

- (1) Kicker 4 gauge run

Plans....

- Dynamat

- another Fi Q 12

- H/O alternator

- Aftermarket Headunit