Second Skin Audio

Help w/box design for 1 15" z v.3 woofer

I hear you man, but I play mostly all DJ S&T so my tunes are super low haha

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

You need to get on some decaf lol the quality difference is night and day.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Without dimensions I would try 3 cubes after displacements with a single 6" port like you suggested. I would fire the sub back and put the port on the drivers side of the box side firing into the trunk wall. I built a similar box except for a Nightshade 15 and used an 8" aero and did a 152.6 but in a hatch. I'm sure you would still have decent results in a trunk. However I did use around 4k watts. Use the box calculator to figure out the dimensions. I can't do it on the tablet I'm using. It is a pain in the ass.

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

You need to get on some decaf lol the quality difference is night and day.

shoot me a link for some decaf I have heard of it but never found anything well ill put it this way I dont have a whole lotta time to search for stuff haha..

Without dimensions I would try 3 cubes after displacements with a single 6" port like you suggested. I would fire the sub back and put the port on the drivers side of the box side firing into the trunk wall. I built a similar box except for a Nightshade 15 and used an 8" aero and did a 152.6 but in a hatch. I'm sure you would still have decent results in a trunk. However I did use around 4k watts. Use the box calculator to figure out the dimensions. I can't do it on the tablet I'm using. It is a pain in the ass.

So something like the simple box above except sub firing rear of car and port firing towards trunk wall(vehicle seats)? or port also firing towards the trunk lid(opening)

I was thinking of firing port towards the drivers side rear tire from the side I have heard of a few people using this setup and getting good results.

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Google takes very little time. Also, pirate ships sail free.

Edited by 412 CVX

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.