Second Skin Audio

Impedance Rise

DubNDodge

Voltage decides not the amp. Your measure of potential to ground is what makes it keep tickin, not the ohm. Does the amp give a fuck what ohm it is seeing to keep going? No, it wants that voltage to keep it happy.

I wasn't going to post again, but I was really LMAO at this.

So as long as the voltage is good, it doesn't matter that the low impedance might cause the CURRENT to exceed the maximum of the output devices. Hmmmm.

Minimum load on an amp is to prevent the output devices from trying to supply more current to the load than their rated maximum. Voltage or no voltage, when that happens the result will not be a good one.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

bkolfo4 is completely right here. this topic is for a daily driver playing music all the time. to tell him he can run at .33ohm because he will probably have 3x rise is retarded. he's playing music, not one tone burp. he wont have a predictable rise. the amp will see dangerously low impedance and his chance to burn up his amp is greatly increased.

when i first learned about rise i threw it around on this forum and kinda started the whole debate on rise. but back then i didnt truly understand it. from the looks of it, thats where AMIcustoms is in his understanding. once I learned more I realized that throwing around the idea without a real explanation is stupid and dangerous. you also have to realize, explained or not, that some people are not ready for it. they wont know it, but if you are experienced then you should be able to see what a newer person is ready for.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived