Second Skin Audio

Anyone know the specs of American bass VFL extreme 15" D2 sub?

wellington

From the website, the newer models are only 1000w rms. So I'm not sure it's actuall 1500w rms.

Also would like to know the specs on it so I can build a proper box for it.

So far, I got one reply from AB saying the box should be 3 cubic feet.

Box I have now is 4 cubic feet and tuned to 34hz so I'm sure that's not ideal.

Sub is still stiff. How long will it take to break it in? How loud can I go while it's being broke in?

DSCN1683.jpg

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

You are not going to get a magic number, for example it can change depending on the power you are sourcing or the response you are looking for, why would you like to change the box, is the sub bottoming out? Probably you should post your amp model and electrical upgrades you have.

You are not going to get a magic number, for example it can change depending on the power you are sourcing or the response you are looking for, why would you like to change the box, is the sub bottoming out? Probably you should post your amp model and electrical upgrades you have.

no I can't really move the sub at all

amp is a saz1500D v1

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Archived