Sonic Electronix

i have 6cuft box sealed with an ssa icon 18''. is it possible to cut a hole in the box large enough to put a 6'' aeroport in? ive never used aeroports before and im wanting this big ass sealed box ported. is it that simple to do?

and by the way ssa says for ported it has to be at 6.25 cuft tuned to 29-33hz. will that .25 make a difference? and what should i tune to if im able to do this? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

One single 6 inch port will never give you the amount of port area per foot you need. Without running ANY numbers, I'd say likely for that amount of airspace, 2 6" ports or like 4 4" ports.

thankyou for correcting me, but is putting them in as simple as cutting a hole and putting them in there?

You will also be taking up your airspace with the port(s). You will have to take that into account.

well shit, i guess ur right. looks like im just screwed. my box barely fits as it is so i cant go any bigger, no possible way.

external port?

its in an 07 dodge charger, box is so big and takes up alot of room. port tubes would be hitting back seats. i wanted the biggest bang out of this system but looks like theres nothing i can do, i went too big in too little space. this sub sealed sounds like shit. and when trying to build a box for an 18'' in an charger isnt so easy, unless im willing to sacrifice back seats and sealing it off from the trunk.

How about an external slot port?

honestly ive never seen then done before, i have no idea how to even do that. would it require building a whole new enclosure? i spent so much time on this box and sanding it and painting it, it would kill me to bust it up. lol

Archived