New Member 94 Accord ex coupe

Sup fellas. New to the forum and decided to join since I turned into a big audio head. Ima huge accord fan as y'all can see and noooo no ricer ish here all clean and dumped with fresh wheels. No fart cans or fast and furious. But this car is getting about 15k in work done to it when I'm done 450 at the wheels 500 at the crank.

I'm currently without a car since it has been totaled :(. But hopefully in a week or so I will be back up in business.

My old setups consist of 1. A crap sdx pro audio amp and 2 12 sub combo from pep boys. Sold that for 150. 2. Then I end up getting pioneer front speakers, kicker 6x9s and a hifonics hfi1500d with two polk audio db 10s. And with that setup it actually slammed. Until my amp blew the subs lol.

Last but not least I ended up trading my hifonics for a hifonics zeus 5 channel amp 1480 watts. Then I took my cousins kicker c12s and that didn't last long either amp blew one sub and the other sounds like its goin out.

So I started my research and looking for a new setup for my soon to be new ride. This is what I want to run any and all opinions are much appreciated since I'm a total newb at this.

Head Unit: clarion or pioneer double din

Front speakers: infinity reference 6.5s

Rear Speakers: infinity reference 6x9s

Amp: hifonics gladiator 2200 watt (yes ima be one of the first to try this)

Subs: 2 sundown sa 12s

Wiring kit: knuconcepts 1/0 gauge kit

Battery: Optima red top in the front, most likey either shureiken however you spell it or odyessy battery in the trunk

Alternator: 130 amp with big 3 upgrade

Sound Deadening: Dynomat the trunk

Ok this is the setup I want to run and can already tell this is going to run me about $1200. Anything I missed please let me know and all advice much appreciated

I'd suggest a 6.5" comp set for the fronts, the bass will drown out your 6x9s. I'm not bashing on Infinity, I used 2 sets of their ref series for 10yrs, but there is better for the buck out there.

Are you referring to kicker comp? And no need to be sorry I'm new to this so any criticism, advice anything! I'll need all the help i can get so I don't blow another setup

I'd suggest a 6.5" comp set for the fronts, the bass will drown out your 6x9s. I'm not bashing on Infinity, I used 2 sets of their ref series for 10yrs, but there is better for the buck out there.

Are you referring to kicker comp? And no need to be sorry I'm new to this so any criticism, advice anything! I'll need all the help i can get so I don't blow another setup

He is referring to you running a component set in the front. How much is the Hifonics amp you plan on getting? Are you designing the enclosure yourself? Will you be firing forward or towards the rear?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

He is referring to you running a component set in the front. How much is the Hifonics amp you plan on getting? Are you designing the enclosure yourself? Will you be firing forward or towards the rear?

Oooo ok. Which brand is a good set to go with? The hifonics amp i found on sonixelectronics for $349 shipped. And no i am, not a placed called car stereo headquarters right by my job is doing it. I have always had my subs firing towards the trunk but will it sound louder or better facing forward?

It can sound better but it usually requires sealing the sub enclosure from the trunk. If you want to be able to remove the subs then I would suggest simply trying it both ways and seeing what you like better. For $350 I would go to the for sale section here and find a better amp. If I'm not mistaken there is actually a few very nice amps for sale right now that will more than do what you expect and be way better than the Hifonics in my opinion. How much is the shop charging you for the install? Are they designing a ported or sealed enclosure? Why aren't you doing it yourself?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

It can sound better but it usually requires sealing the sub enclosure from the trunk. If you want to be able to remove the subs then I would suggest simply trying it both ways and seeing what you like better. For $350 I would go to the for sale section here and find a better amp. If I'm not mistaken there is actually a few very nice amps for sale right now that will more than do what you expect and be way better than the Hifonics in my opinion. How much is the shop charging you for the install? Are they designing a ported or sealed enclosure? Why aren't you doing it yourself?

Hmmmm ima just try the regular way first just mounting them in the box. I heard this amp was supposed to be great! That's why i considered it but i will check the for sale section i already saw the skar 1500.1 for sale and ive seen that amp pound them sa 12s! Nooooo im doing everything myself I'm only asking the shop to build me the box because I don't want to F anything up as the box is a vital build and i know these sundowns need alot of airspace. I think they charging me $100 for the box and it will be ported they know what they are doing.

my friend has a accord. we put a L7 15 in the trunk with about 3 cubes worth of space. then gave it a burp of 900rms( he has shitty amp) and the sun roof and trunk tried to fall off. was pretty funny

bumpin on a budget

2 cvr 12's

1800.2 power acoustic bamf

sealed box 2.3 cub each net

all in the trunk of a 98 grand am gt 4 dr

Hmmmm ima just try the regular way first just mounting them in the box. I heard this amp was supposed to be great! That's why i considered it but i will check the for sale section i already saw the skar 1500.1 for sale and ive seen that amp pound them sa 12s! Nooooo im doing everything myself I'm only asking the shop to build me the box because I don't want to F anything up as the box is a vital build and i know these sundowns need alot of airspace. I think they charging me $100 for the box and it will be ported they know what they are doing.

x2 on firing forward and sealing if, to me it sounds better and louder and the trunk won't rattle as much if not at all.

My Build Log

95 Honda Accord

Nook HD+ tablet

Team Ascendant Audio 18"

2 Skar Audio SK-2500.1D

Crescendo Audio C1100.4

2006 Civic, Fi SP4 12", bc3500

Build log

Archived