Sonic Electronix

For all that money you've put in or will put in, wouldn't have been simpler to motor swap a 4.6 in? I'm sorry to derail the thread slightly. Ive always been about getting the most out of what you have, but I'm also a big believer into "no replacement for displacement".

Back on topic, I believe the easiest best wy would be to go with a Single bigger amp. No gain matching to worry about, and in general, one less amp to worry about. If you have problems with a 2 amp setup, you'll have longer diagnosing or tracking down fusing, power, ground potential problems.

and thank you for the input on the amp(s), i know nothing about gain matching (heard of it, sounds simple, i know it isn't) and with my luck, the less cariables for problems in my system, the better

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

For all that money you've put in or will put in, wouldn't have been simpler to motor swap a 4.6 in? I'm sorry to derail the thread slightly. Ive always been about getting the most out of what you have, but I'm also a big believer into "no replacement for displacement".

Back on topic, I believe the easiest best wy would be to go with a Single bigger amp. No gain matching to worry about, and in general, one less amp to worry about. If you have problems with a 2 amp setup, you'll have longer diagnosing or tracking down fusing, power, ground potential problems.

for the better gas mileage and overall lighter car, i say why not build up? Besides, i like having that "wow factor"; ergo, the 1 12 that'll be on about 3000 watts, or a V-6 that could smoke any of the stock V-8's. Money isn't an issue for me as long as I like the outcome and i have fun working on it myself (i like doing all my own work, really makes my car well...."mine"

I understand the WOW factor, but you are limited with the V-6. I know a turbo setup can get nasty and car is light enough to get it fast, but the V8 will have more potential for power. I'm not at ALL hating, I love that your car is YOURS and youre aware of all mods and work performed. I LOVE that actually that you're turning the wrench as it does(in my opinion) deserve more respect. There's nothing worse than going to a car show and asking a guy about his car and all he can do is provide names and shop names of where the work was performed.

Again, back on topic, good luck with your decision. If it were mine to make, the decision would be one amp and done.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Why though? I'm looking for pros and cons. Not just do this and that

Save money on wire. Don't have to put two runs out from your battery bank. & save space since I see you have a mustang your probaly very limited.

if i got a 2500 or 3500, i'd be putting dual inputs to it anyways, so there's the 2 runs and i have quite a bit of useable space for a single 12 in the trunk, any space i dont use can be used for amps and batts

That's true, forgot about dial inputs and didn't realize you were only doing a single 12

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Why though? I'm looking for pros and cons. Not just do this and that

Save money on wire. Don't have to put two runs out from your battery bank. & save space since I see you have a mustang your probaly very limited.

if i got a 2500 or 3500, i'd be putting dual inputs to it anyways, so there's the 2 runs and i have quite a bit of useable space for a single 12 in the trunk, any space i dont use can be used for amps and batts

That's true, forgot about dial inputs and didn't realize you were only doing a single 12

it's all good man, prolly just gonna stick with gettin one bigger amp anyways

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

I also believe in "no replacement for displacement" but a v6 mustang is a lot cheaper that a v8 when it comes to insurance. So that's a good reason to build a v6

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Performance wise though, what's the difference between 2 1500 watt amps strapped and one 3000 watt amp? Can someone please explain to me just for the sake of teaching a kid something new for the day? xP

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

I also believe in "no replacement for displacement" but a v6 mustang is a lot cheaper that a v8 when it comes to insurance. So that's a good reason to build a v6

insurance would actually have been the same for me from Geico (i totallllyyyy recommend Geico, cheap, reliable, and decent insurance, even for a kid with a "muscle car"), but my mom got me a V-6 cause it was $4500 and it was the best price around for a car with decent insurance....oh, and its cool (:

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

Performance wise though, what's the difference between 2 1500 watt amps strapped and one 3000 watt amp? Can someone please explain to me just for the sake of teaching a kid something new for the day? xP

TeamAlpine had some good info about strapping amps. I THINK he had an easier time and slightly more power out of single amp setups than two amp strapped setups.

Sorry to once again go off topic, but have you dropped the car yet? The V6s look like they're on their tip toes to me. At the very least I'd have to have Eibach drop springs for it. Even my sisters GT was too tall for me, so we dropped it.

Sorry to once again go off topic, but have you dropped the car yet? The V6s look like they're on their tip toes to me. At the very least I'd have to have Eibach drop springs for it. Even my sisters GT was too tall for me, so we dropped it.

dropped about an inch so far from lowering springs, but am also working on gettin some eibach coil overs so i can really get the kind of ride i want out of it (stock on this car, suspensions sucks sooo much dick on this car, especially since i have 20's with barely any actual tire)

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

Archived