Better daily car  

50 members have voted

1. 1. turbo V6 or built up V8

• built and turboed V6
    • built V8 (turboed later)

This is a forum that deals with awesome sounds.

Go with the v8.

have you heard a cammed V6 with headers, x-pipes, and a decent exhaust (what i have minus it being cammed) can you say heavenly? it sounds like a V8

This is a forum that deals with awesome sounds.

Go with the v8.

have you heard a cammed V6 with headers, x-pipes, and a decent exhaust (what i have minus it being cammed) can you say heavenly? it sounds like a V8

lol no v6 will ever sound like a v8 just like a small block v8 will sound like a big block v8.. its like saying a 10' subs sound louder than a 18' sub (being same brand same power)

let me rephrase *clears throat* a cammed V6 has the potential to sound like a stock V8

:facepalm:

Yes I've heard a "cammed v6" and it sounds like a rice burner. Put that kind of exhaust work and a nice cam into a v8 and tell me what that sounds like.

As far as saying that any kind of work on a v6 sounds like a v8, you're wrong again. This thread has become :deadhorse:

Get the damn v8.

Here

That's what a V8 sounds like.

Gonna have to say you're wrong about a V6 not being able to sound like a V8, I've heard decent V6's, but its been decided....I'll post a pic of the engine I'm looking at getting

you are wrong. this is how my v8 sounds

no v6 will sound like that ever

here is a video of a stock v8 vs a v6, the v8 is stock and the v6 has headers and all other goodies and still dont sound close to a stock v8

First off. V8. Let's just get that straight right here and now. Second of all. Turbos are awesome. They tear an ass up faster than a 40 year old on a virgin hooker.

But if you want my opinion. Go with a bigger motor V8 with nitrous. Nitrous is A LOT cheaper, and you don't have to use it. If you want it just flip a switch and push a button and you have 1-1000hp at the click of a button. When you get into turbos most people think they can go buy a turbo kit and put it on any car and run like the pros. But realistically it doesn't work that way. You have to have a motor built for it in the long run if you plan on having any bit of durability. You will also create the new hobby of tuning your car every day with a turbo. It's true that nitrous needs a good motor too, but it's much less of a load. A turbo is always putting stress onto a motor.

I do absolutely love turbo cars though so don't think I'm a hater. I've had my share of turbos in the past, I just sort of grew out of them I guess.

If you need convincing that a V8 is the way to go then listen to any of the other videos or one I'll post of my old, much more mild big block I took out of my car. As compared to the one I'm putting in now at least ;)

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

First off. V8. Let's just get that straight right here and now. Second of all. Turbos are awesome. They tear an ass up faster than a 40 year old on a virgin hooker.

But if you want my opinion. Go with a bigger motor V8 with nitrous. Nitrous is A LOT cheaper, and you don't have to use it. If you want it just flip a switch and push a button and you have 1-1000hp at the click of a button. When you get into turbos most people think they can go buy a turbo kit and put it on any car and run like the pros. But realistically it doesn't work that way. You have to have a motor built for it in the long run if you plan on having any bit of durability. You will also create the new hobby of tuning your car every day with a turbo. It's true that nitrous needs a good motor too, but it's much less of a load. A turbo is always putting stress onto a motor.

I do absolutely love turbo cars though so don't think I'm a hater. I've had my share of turbos in the past, I just sort of grew out of them I guess.

If you need convincing that a V8 is the way to go then listen to any of the other videos or one I'll post of my old, much more mild big block I took out of my car. As compared to the one I'm putting in now at least ;)

I understand that you didn't read the thread, I wouldn't either....but the main thing was that I'd already started building up my V6 engine to turbo it (i've seen what happens when you turbo a stock engine that can't handle it, I'm not thatttt dumb)....but I've been shown the true nature of things. A V8 is the overall better bang for the buck when it comes to power and price and availability of parts....just thought it was cool to have a fast 6er, oh well

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

No I read it, just putting in my 2 cents. Your right, it is much cheaper. And It would be cool to have a v6 that will spank the v8's. It just gets costly when a v8 can have much more minor mods and run next to you. Build both!

As for the motor size it began life as a 454. Now it's top secret. 500+

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

I couldn't see puttin that much power in my car.............................................

.......................................i lied, i can! But I'm really set on a ford engine, not only a ford engine, but also a Mustang engine

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

WTF is that terminator thing? Big block ford?

Supercharged big block ford :D

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

ive heard from my uncle, the new coyote motors do not handle alot of add ons well, the terminator motors handle godly amount of power, on the stock block can handle 1000 hp on a true cobra motor, which is why those cars are worth a shit ton. He runs a built 302, stroke to 331 and making every bit of 500hp or higher, runs a 10.x in the quater mile. Hes building a 351w right now and stroking it to a 427 at the moment. He averages around 20-28 mpg with keeping his foot out of it, but once you lay into it, you can watch the needle move. If it was me, i would go with the most reliable and most power for the dollar. v8 will handle boost alot better than a 6, alot stronger bottum end.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived