saz1500d v1 - stock wiring ok? or second battery/big3 ??

Was the guys vehicle the same as yours?

His OEM Alternator could have 1.5-2 times the output of yours. Just sayin..

Yes multiple runs of 4GA will work, but ideally a single run of 1/0 would be better, and would look a lot cleaner too.

Not sure of the specs on the amp, but 4ga wire is dood for up to 150 amps, 1/0 is good for up to 300 amps.

Your enclosure, is it sealed or ported? Did I miss that? Something to note is that if sealed, larger enclosures will provide flatter response and deeper bass where smaller boxes will provide a bump in the response curve and generally higher output for greater SPL. Ported boxes are a lot less forgiving than sealed when it comes to variances in enclosure space

Oh, and I forgot to mention. Your topic is "saz1500d v1 - stock wiring ok? or second battery/big3 ??"

Always, always do big 3. It is never a bad idea.

Also, if you are only running the one amp, adding a second battery wouldn't hurt. Just make sure it is sealed. A yellow top will get you by, but there are better choices out there, just not sure what else you could find for $100.

You say your battery is only 4' from the amp. Is that the current set-up, or how far your 2nd battery would be?

Yes multiple runs of 4GA will work, but ideally a single run of 1/0 would be better, and would look a lot cleaner too.

Not sure of the specs on the amp, but 4ga wire is dood for up to 150 amps, 1/0 is good for up to 300 amps.

Your enclosure, is it sealed or ported? Did I miss that? Something to note is that if sealed, larger enclosures will provide flatter response and deeper bass where smaller boxes will provide a bump in the response curve and generally higher output for greater SPL. Ported boxes are a lot less forgiving than sealed when it comes to variances in enclosure space

So technically, 2 runs of 4awg should give me 300 amps? or does the wire have to be together throughout its run?

it's a ported enclosure. 4 cubes. supposed to be 3 cubes. and I heard that larger enclosures will give it more power handling, but have negative effects if you don't have the power to push it.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

not exactly true, that's only true at short lenghts, but at longer lengths, the amount of amps that it can carry decreases. And he's right, there are wayyy too many variables when it comes to boxes, vehicles, electrical, so many things to compare one setup to the next unless all the variables are the same.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

ive got the same amp,with 1 run of 1/0 to a battery in the trunk.its running at 1 ohm and i only drop down from 14.5 to 13.7 full tilt.i have a stock 105 amp alt with the big 3 in 1/0.the amp has 1/0 inputs for a reason.there has been threads about using smaller wire than what the amp takes.its been stated that if the run of smaller wire is short then you will be ok.just make sure you fuse your wires

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

Oh, and I forgot to mention. Your topic is "saz1500d v1 - stock wiring ok? or second battery/big3 ??"

Always, always do big 3. It is never a bad idea.

Also, if you are only running the one amp, adding a second battery wouldn't hurt. Just make sure it is sealed. A yellow top will get you by, but there are better choices out there, just not sure what else you could find for $100.

You say your battery is only 4' from the amp. Is that the current set-up, or how far your 2nd battery would be?

The battery is located under the trunk lid thing, next to the spare tire. this is the default location

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

ive got the same amp,with 1 run of 1/0 to a battery in the trunk.its running at 1 ohm and i only drop down from 14.5 to 13.7 full tilt.i have a stock 105 amp alt with the big 3 in 1/0.the amp has 1/0 inputs for a reason.there has been threads about using smaller wire than what the amp takes.its been stated that if the run of smaller wire is short then you will be ok.just make sure you fuse your wires

what do you have your gain set to? I have crazy voltage drop...where are you reading your voltage at? Alt? bat? or amp?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

my gains are set with the dd1 with the -5 tone.i am reading my voltage straight from the amp

now i have to wonder why my voltage is dropping so low..... >_>

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Axxess ASWC

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

my gains are set with the dd1 with the -5 tone.i am reading my voltage straight from the amp

now i have to wonder why my voltage is dropping so low..... >_>

yeah man. the guy I bought the amp from had the bass boost and gain maxed out on this amp with everything stock and 1/0 wiring (I think) and he never dropped past 13v with the cigarette lighter voltage meter

Archived