Second Skin Audio

Need help with new enclosure design

MyLimpIsGangsta

Well I lost my system to theft a few months ago, they got everything but my box which they trashed ripping screws and MDF out. So I need a new box design. The one I have was built for 2 15" T1's and I now have 2 15" Alpine Type R to replace them so I know they will want something different. I downloaded a few box building programs but when they ask for some of the parameters of the Alpines they aren't listed.

Current box is 43x16x24 leaving about 7 inches from port to rear hatch/tailgate with no other room to spare as the width already fits tightly so I'd like to keep that the same. This is going in a Honda Element with new T1500-1bdCP, stock electrical with big 3 and Optima yellow top.

This is just a DD system, not too worried about numbers but would like to take it to a show coming up to see what it'll do. Any help is greatly appreciated.

03' Element

Stolen!

So here is a suggestion for two SWR-1542 on rated power port/subs back:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33.2 Hz

Vb = 6 ft^3

External Height = 24 in

External Width = 43 in

External Depth = 16.375 in

Port Width = 3 5/8 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2x Front = 19 5/16 x 22 1/2

Back = 43 x 22 1/2

Left & Right Sides: 14 7/8 x 22 1/2

Top & Bottom = 43 x 16 3/8

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 13 1/16 x 22 1/2

2 x Extension = 6 3/4 x 22 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

T-PFSFSingle.jpg

45s are 2.5 wide. Notice that your enclosure will be taller than shown. Let me know any questions.

do subs up port back. usually works a lot better in SUV's. if you can fit anything more, i'd do closer to 7 cubes.

I'd go for about 100 sq inches of port.

now watch joe change his design.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

do subs up port back. usually works a lot better in SUV's. if you can fit anything more, i'd do closer to 7 cubes.

I'd go for about 100 sq inches of port.

now watch joe change his design.

I'm not running much power and had good results with sub/port back before so I figured I'd just stick with it. And I would like to be closer to 7 but I can't go any wider or more than a few inches deeper with the box and it's already too tall for my taste so I don't think there is much I can do about it

03' Element

Stolen!

Thanks for the respone Joe, I like the look of that box. Is this 6 cubes before or after displacement? I previously had something in the low 7's but less port area.

The 6 cubes are net, tried to stay within your rather tight dims, had to step over 0.375" of your previous depth which is no problem, anyhow if you want any changes let me know.

Archived