Sonic Electronix

so my mom had her scooter chair serviced and the company put in new batteries and left us the old ones, they are all 4 in great working condition and only 1 year old.

my question is, will these work for car audio? i have two cars that would be good candidates for these if they would. they have to be deep cycle for the chair and they are in like new condition and i hate to throw them out especially if they would work for car audio and save me money on buying car audio specific batteries.

thanks for your time and input.

rjtrapp

so my computer let me copy and paste one damn picture but the batteries are 12 volt agm and says 35ah on them. stand by use says 13.6-13.8. initial current 5.25a. cyclic use 14.5-14.9v and initial current 10.5a. i have 4 of them so this may have saved me alot of money.

only 35 ah a piece.... if you used all four in one install i would imagine it would aid in keeping voltage drop to a minimum givin your not pulling a lot of amperage......i would think it would be like a decent sized car audio battery or maybe equal to a yellow top? just my thought but i could be wrong.....

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

they would work, not worth it though, the amps are to low on them. It would be using them more like caps imo then for really adding power. Like 95leg said, it will help with voltage drop, but isnt going to supply enough power to use them as your only source

from what i can see there not cheap, they retail for almost 70 a pop? ide sellem for a few car batts, how many rms are you running, and what/how many batteries do you have now,

Archived