New to Building computers

I have a couple of things picked out, but i'm not sure if they are good or not, i want to be able to play games like diablo 3, star craft 2, battlefield 3, etc on maxed out or close to maxed out graphics. I would like to play on my 32 inch flatscreen tv if possible. heres what i have picked out.

I can't decide which case I want to begin with, i would kinda like to water cool if that is a deterining factor. I narrowed it down to these 2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815011

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163185

I think this is the graphics card i would like

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127695

I would like to have a prossecor i can overclock, but i couldn't figure out how to determine this so i need some sugetions, and i know that the motherboard has to match with the prossecor so i need some help there as well.

I would like a combination of ssd's and hdd, but i don't know how much memory of each i need.

I would like to have a blu-ray disc drive, and i need to be able to pick up wifi.

I don't know if i need a sound card or not, so some info there would be nice, and i have no idea about what kind of headset i would need but if i can get it wirless i would prefer that.

I have a mouse and keyboard.

the cost is kinda flexible so let me know what would be a good balance between price and performance, but if something is alot better for like 100 bucks more let me know.

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

Here's a few of my tips.

1. If you want to overclock any cpu, make sure you buy an aftermarket heatsink because when you overclock, you can cause the cpu to run hotter, which the last thing you need, so an aftermarket heatsink is a must cause the crappy ones that come with the cpus won't suffice.

2. Usually when running an SSD/HDD combo, you want the SSD to run windows(so at least 32gb) cause that's the biggest software you're gonna run period, and having it run on the SSD will make your computer using experience a lot better, and quicker. You may also want the games on your SSD for faster loading times, but for everything else like videos, music, and such, get the HDD for that purpose(big as you want).

3. Get the Blu Ray drive then, and for wifi, use a usb antenna(Alfa is a good one) or wireless card.

4. If you have a regular computer speaker system, soundcard won't make much of a difference. Now if you run a higher end computer audio system like the high end Logitech, Bose, Altec Lansing, Klipsch, etc, or even a hifi system with a dedicated amp/receiver with real speakers, then a soundcard is a good idea.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Sure you can spend all that money on a fancy pants case, water cooling, and ssd's. Me, i would invest heavily in power supply, ram, Video, cpu/mobo, then storage in that order. I don't believe ssd's are a viable option for long term storage, they tend to fail after a lot of use but not always. You don't need a crap ton of cpu power to run games, a great video card will help more. And i always just buy the cheapest metal box that i can fit everything into. I still have the same case i bought like 10 years ago lol.

If you have the cash, then by all means have fun. And i would just get a ssd that is big enough to put your o/s on X2 then only use it for your o/s

That's just my 2 cents.

Oh yeah, invest in a good power supply as well, that videocard is gonna ask for a lot of power, actually it requires at least a 550 watt psu. Corsair is a good brand for psu, I had mine for 4 years, and runs as good as new, and never failed on me ever.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Corsair are good, I have a rosewill 750 and it's full of dust right now. I clean it about twice a year, it's like a little oven running 3 hard drive, a quad core cpu, and 2 video cards and i've had it 3 years. Still works great. So i guess rosewill makes good power supplies too.

Thanks for all the tips guys, i'll add the psu to my list, how many watts should i get, and omega, i have a 5.1 channel sony surround sound system, i use this for my sound needs so would i need a sound card? Also i need some suggestios on what t look for in cpu's and motherboards, and post up some of the cases you would use strange duck, like i said i am kinda just picking out what looks cool or what my computer savy friends have mentioned.

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

Any case is fine, as long as it has a good airflow. If there is no airflow, you have stale air just heating up. Like strangduck said, GFX card is key to running games at max, and that graphics card should have nooooo problem doing anyy of that. A good CPU is still great to have, so when you are trying to record/play/listen to music/stream at the same time, and run at full Physics and other processor heavy effects, you can. Also, get a good Mobo, one that has a AGP Port, so that you can run your GFX even faster. If you run a graphics card off a PCI port, all the 01010101001011101 have to go through the southbridge first, then to the northbridge. So try and look into something like that.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Any case is fine, as long as it has a good airflow. If there is no airflow, you have stale air just heating up. Like strangduck said, GFX card is key to running games at max, and that graphics card should have nooooo problem doing anyy of that. A good CPU is still great to have, so when you are trying to record/play/listen to music/stream at the same time, and run at full Physics and other processor heavy effects, you can. Also, get a good Mobo, one that has a AGP Port, so that you can run your GFX even faster. If you run a graphics card off a PCI port, all the 01010101001011101 have to go through the southbridge first, then to the northbridge. So try and look into something like that.

um, no offence, but i think you mean pci-e port not agp, agp is the old new.

edit,

even though pci-e is just a agp @ what 32X or something. meh.

Thanks for all the tips guys, i'll add the psu to my list, how many watts should i get, and omega, i have a 5.1 channel sony surround sound system, i use this for my sound needs so would i need a sound card? Also i need some suggestios on what t look for in cpu's and motherboards, and post up some of the cases you would use strange duck, like i said i am kinda just picking out what looks cool or what my computer savy friends have mentioned.

Try to get a 5.1 soundcard then to ultilize the 5.1 feature. In my honest opinion, AMD is best bang for buck when it comes to CPU performance, Intel is pricy to me

Ummm, this is 2012, who uses AGP ports anymore lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Try to get a 5.1 soundcard then to ultilize the 5.1 feature. In my honest opinion, AMD is best bang for buck when it comes to CPU performance, Intel is pricy to me

Ummm, this is 2012, who uses AGP ports anymore lol

Lolwut, people who want the fastest and best graphics?

Nost Mobo's still run all the PCI ports on southbridge.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm