Jump to content

Mids and highs amp


atm519

Recommended Posts

Posted

Next question is what is your budget?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

Well idk what my budget is.ha im just buying stuff little by little as i get paid. I still have to buy the AQ 3500 uprgrade to the mechman 270 and buy two kinetik hc2000s plus an amp for my mids and highs. So i have a long way to go.haha

Posted

Sorry for the delay but I am traveling Europe and I don't have any laptop with me, so I use only my cell phone.

On your question about mids and highs...

I don't see a reason for you to get a 4ch amplifier (my opinion).

I would seek for a 2ch 1ohm stable (if you have future plans) rated 600x2 rms or more.

Now, don't take for serious AT ALL the rate of your speakers!!!!!

I am powering 4 DD V8.0 and 2 DD B2 with 1500 rms on each of my channels without a problem!

So your issue should how many watts is your pocket going to afford!

As soon as your signal is clear and not distorted you will have no problems! Here in Greece there is a car that powers 4 18sound mids with 6kW... there are vids on youtube. ;)

There is a very easy way to make x-overs for your super tweeters. Of course passive and resistance dependent. I would recomend you to use a cut off frequency of 8kHz at least if you are going to overpower them as lot so you don't have any problems.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/crosscalcm.asp

You can Google for more formulas. That's an example.

Edit: sorry to forget! You will need one crossover for each tweeter! We usually use a capacitor.

2007 Peugeot 206 1400cc 75hp

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH 80PRS
Speakers+Tweeters Amplifier: 2 x Hifonics Colossus Generation X3
Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Tweeters: 6 x Digital Designs VO-B2 + 4 x Beyma CP21/f
Midrange Speakers: 20 x 8" Beyma 8M100 Nd
Subwoofers: 2 x Digital Designs 9918 walled
Alternators: Mechman 320A universal + Bosch 260A
RCA: Dragster OFC twisted triple shielded
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate
Batteries: 980AH of power with copper rails.
Alarm: Python 5303P

So far 161.4 dB with a Cadence 9kW @ Salamina 2014.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 957 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...