Second Skin Audio

Fi Q 18 Box

TheMonolith2001

8 cubes @28Hz can be done in:

External Height = 23.3/4 in

External Width = 41 1/2 in

External Depth = 24 in

Tuning low helps a flat response not loudness. on your curves factor in power, subs are rated differently. WinISD does not model cabin effects by default.

Thanks again, you have eliminated my biggest hurdle with this system build. I wish I could give you a 12 pack or something.

Nevermind (but thanks) just make sure how to build the folded port, the walls of the port should be rounded at the turn (like shown) and the width of the port has to be constant throughout the port that is 5 3/8" so the extension distance to the sidewall needs to be 2 x 5 3/8 + 3/4, like this:

FI.jpg

• 4 months later...

It is complete! Sorry for the crappy picture quality, had to use my phone. Much darker/redder in person. I decided not to use MDF and to use something that was harder/more wood and less glue/less porous so I went with 3/4 inch thick furniture grade birch. I stained the inside of the port with some basic red stain (some variety of minwax) and then stained the outside with a version of minwax thats a wood treatment and everything all in one. It has a really nice grain to it so I didn't want to cover it with carpet. I counter-sunk all the screws which are either 2 or 2.5 inches long. Everything has been glued with industrial grade liquid nails, braced with thick metal L brackets, and then sealed again with industrial silicone. Every side, port walls and everything. Yes, it is extremely heavy. I am going to install most of my system tomorrow (later today) and I am not looking forward to carrying it up the stairs. Thanks again for helping me with the box design. Thought you all would like to see that this actually got finished! Everything was put on hold for awhile because I need to get a new engine put in >_<

aONAfAT.jpg

apBi4bU.jpg

XPm5Hh0.jpg

si0akLw.jpg

WmyMeYO.jpg

LWdtT39.jpg

I could have sworn I took a picture before I put the top on but I can't find it.

Archived