Sonic Electronix

Head Unit Problems Part 2

So I have had it up to my neck in this head unit bullshit. For some reason I can just not get this IVA Alpine W205 to work in my 2004 Escalade. Ive wasted a hundred dollars on a harness, and I am not going to drop 400 dollars to have a local shop do the installation. When I hook everything up, everything works correctly except the following...

-Have to manually turn on/off the head unit, instead of it automatically turning on/off with ignition.

-Speakers do not play any sound, AT ALL.

Now heres what I am thinking the problem is- I have everything wired up correctly to my knowledge, I'm new to this, but not a complete fucking moron. I have the PAC Audio TR7 to bypass the Alpine horse shit where you cant alter ANY settings unless doing the parking break, (I do not plan to use this to watch videos while driving) I believe since I spliced into the ignition to wire this up right, it is somehow bypassing the ignition to the head unit and also to the factory amp, that would explain me getting no sound at all and the w205 not turning on or off. So can someone chime in and help me out? I will not fall into the local audio trap and pay 400 dollars for a double din installation.

teamsundown-1.jpg

if you are bipassing the factory amp then you need to run new wire to each speaker,the amp is being bipassed that operated them so the orignal wires are no longer in use, the manulay turnin on the raido has to do with you connecting the wires wrong, simply, find which wire is the power wire (always on for unint memory) and the acc wire that turns on when voltage is detected, you prob have the 2 switched. keep your money bro were not here to charge to help and if someone is willing to take the money then dont bother with em help is free, doing it for you is where a charge comes to play

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

if you are bipassing the factory amp then you need to run new wire to each speaker,the amp is being bipassed that operated them so the orignal wires are no longer in use, the manulay turnin on the raido has to do with you connecting the wires wrong, simply, find which wire is the power wire (always on for unint memory) and the acc wire that turns on when voltage is detected, you prob have the 2 switched. keep your money bro were not here to charge to help and if someone is willing to take the money then dont bother with em help is free, doing it for you is where a charge comes to play

That still doesnt explain why my headunit doesn't turn on or off automatically when I turn on the car or turn off when I open the door. Would this be a problem with the ignition 12v or my remote wire not wired correctly? I get my car back today, Ill try to take some pictures. Any help is appreciated.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Are you using a bose interface?

any chime module or anything besides the tr7?

wiring from the alpine to your chevy. alpine yellow goes to "larger" orange in the fact wire harness.

alpine red goes to heavy gauge brown eithere at your a/c controls, or at the ign switch itself.

your fact amp is either 1 or 2 different setups gm uses.

first way, take the amp turn on from your deck.... blue with a white stripe, and hook it up to pink in the fact harness.

if there is no pink than you have premium sound and the amp is controlled via data.

Pull your cup holder out of the center console, from there you will be able to see the fact bose amp, a very large harness with twisted pairs of wires.. colors as follows.

tan-grey front L

light green - dark green front R

brown - yellow rear L

Dark blue - light blue rear R

The first color is positive

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived