DynastyDesigns Posted September 13, 2012 Report Posted September 13, 2012 I have 2 12" DAD KMH woofers and i finally found some T/S parameters for them. However, it was a post Richard made about the 15" version. I would assume cone area would affect displacement, but does it affect anything else? P.S. I tried pm'ing Richard but his inbox is full -.- if anyone could redirect him here that would be great! Also curious on how many cu ft the box should be, tuned to 32 hz, sealed off from trunk of a 04 nissan sentra. Any and ALL input is much appreciated, thanks!
RAM_Designs Posted September 13, 2012 Report Posted September 13, 2012 Yes the 12" model will have different t/s paremeters. Expect a little higher FS, lower Vas, and a little lower qts value. This will make them more ported box friendly. If you just want to do a generic box, then do 2.25ft^3 per sub with a common 60-70in^2 port. Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script> 2200+ designs since March 2011...
DynastyDesigns Posted September 13, 2012 Author Report Posted September 13, 2012 Well yeah I could do that, but i want a musical box. I'm VERY picky when it comes to audio. Plus i'm only dropping 1k watts on them so the box needs to help them out!
Joe X Posted September 13, 2012 Report Posted September 13, 2012 Well yeah I could do that, but i want a musical box. I'm VERY picky when it comes to audio. Plus i'm only dropping 1k watts on them so the box needs to help them out! Which would be your maximum dims for the box. Also you want it to perform flat like a sq setup?
DynastyDesigns Posted September 17, 2012 Author Report Posted September 17, 2012 I like the idea of it being flat, however don't worry about the dimensions. Depending on how much free time i'll have will decide if i do an amazing 4th order with the ports through the rear deck, or a simple slot ported box. All i need atm is the parameters. Richard's PM box is glitched for me or something, can anyone contact him?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.