Second Skin Audio

Hatch questions ..

JesseyMclame

What do you think that would tune it to ?

And I figured I could find some aeros on amazon for like 10$ a peice. Or maybe even some 6" PVC or something ?

And okay. I'm on my phone, I will as soon as I'm on a computer

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

What do you think that would tune it to ?

And I figured I could find some aeros on amazon for like 10$ a peice. Or maybe even some 6" PVC or something ?

And okay. I'm on my phone, I will as soon as I'm on a computer

If you have been bottoming out as low as you can and then up from there by cutting the aeros, the bottoming out will also have to do with a bigger than necessary net volume.

Yeah I figured. But it's an 18, and the box can't be TOO big for it. Especially since I'm under powering it. It's maybe like 6 cubes after displacement. The woofer is big itself. Triple

Stacked oem mag.

And I just read up on the PVC flared port. I can take a 6" PVC pipe and mold it to a metal bowl. Does it need to be flared on the part that's In the box ? At this point, aero's are my best bet I feel.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Yeah I figured. But it's an 18, and the box can't be TOO big for it. Especially since I'm under powering it. It's maybe like 6 cubes after displacement. The woofer is big itself. Triple

Stacked oem mag.

And I just read up on the PVC flared port. I can take a 6" PVC pipe and mold it to a metal bowl. Does it need to be flared on the part that's In the box ? At this point, aero's are my best bet I feel.

Ok first make sure you are delivering clean power, that means a solid electrical and a solid signal path, gains properly set also, if having all that right you still have issues and you can't get someone to figure the t/s parameters of the sub then you will have to guess, the 2 6" aeros should have about 6" in front of them to make sure that will tune properly (same on the internal end) and yes is best to have flares in both ends.

Also I wouldn't guess the proper net volume for an unknown sub, not sure if you are aware that the Sundown Z.v3 18 is recommended for working in 4 cubes net!

So the actual PVC needs to flare out 6 inches ?

And I'd properly set the gains an all, but I have no way to. :/

And jeez that's crazy. Also, how do you figure out the t/s parameters ?

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

So the actual PVC needs to flare out 6 inches ?

And I'd properly set the gains an all, but I have no way to. :/

And jeez that's crazy. Also, how do you figure out the t/s parameters ?

The port needs 6" of free airspace in front either end. To make it simple count the 6" where the flare ends.

You can use a multimeter to set your gains and even by ear (find the steps in every Rockford amp manual), these methods are not all that great but are better than just guess your gains.

The easy way to find your t/s parameters is with a $100 device sold at parts express, there are other methods but you will still need to have stuff not everyone normally own. You should ask the people that put together that sub or get someone to do it for you.

Oh okay. What do you figure two 6" aero's will tune the box to ?

And essentially the ports need to be 16" long each, with a flare on either side, and 6" from the end of te hatch. Sorry, this more in depth box talk is new to me. I really appreciate your help. And cool, ill def look into that.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

Oh okay. What do you figure two 6" aero's will tune the box to ?

And essentially the ports need to be 16" long each, with a flare on either side, and 6" from the end of te hatch. Sorry, this more in depth box talk is new to me. I really appreciate your help. And cool, ill def look into that.

One easy way to calculate the length of the port or ports is using a box tuning calculator like the Torres calculator.

Archived