mikelbolton Posted September 13, 2012 Report Posted September 13, 2012 I've burned a few voice coils in my setup, so it's time to recone. I pulled my sub apart, and I found that the coil was not only discolored, but looked like it had rubbed too. Looking at the inside of the former, it looks like it rubbed a few times. I'm concerned that this may have damaged motor. I went ahead and pulled the motor off the basket. One thing that troubles me, the double stacked magnets are marked with marker (from factory). Although the markings are not lined up. Does this mean that the magnets have moved? Also, how do I tell if the machined surfaces of the motor are damaged beyond use? Here's a few pics. This is the voice coil. The inside of the Former, see the marring on the surface. This is the motor, detatched (was a PITA). Here are the marks on the magnets, not aligned?!? You have to look closely, but the magnet on the right is sticking out more than the one on the left. 2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)Clarion NX-603SKAR 4500.1DIraggi 320A alt Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC 1/0- Sky High Car Audio 2- XP3000 XS Power BatteriesSMD VM-12- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems Toolmaker Fuse block Toolmaker Bus Bars (Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem) 145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14) 148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14) 150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!! New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems) 146.9- Sealed on dash 149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)
Chris Hammer Posted September 13, 2012 Report Posted September 13, 2012 You can recone trpe-r's??? MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
SnowDrifter Posted September 13, 2012 Report Posted September 13, 2012 Just FYI, magnets are rarely 100% flush with each other due to machine tolerances. I'd say you are fine there. As for reconing it - can't give you an answer. Try emailing PSI and see if they can shed some light on it? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
mikelbolton Posted September 13, 2012 Author Report Posted September 13, 2012 What about the markings on the magnets? What might that be for, and why weren't they lined up? Springfield Speaker repair for repair parts ;-) http://www.springfie...1TR10RC-D4-2-2 Edit: The marks are approximately 150degrees apart 2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)Clarion NX-603SKAR 4500.1DIraggi 320A alt Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC 1/0- Sky High Car Audio 2- XP3000 XS Power BatteriesSMD VM-12- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems Toolmaker Fuse block Toolmaker Bus Bars (Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem) 145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14) 148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14) 150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!! New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems) 146.9- Sealed on dash 149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.