looking to move radiator fan !

ok so right now i have a pull type radiator fan with shroud on my car ad im looking to move the fan to the front of the radiator as a PUSH type .... i can fit either 2 10" fans or one 12" fan ...

If i got the 2 10" fans would i need a relay for them or could i just jumper them together? and also how many CFMs should i look for in a push type radiator fan ?

OR

will a single 12" work and if so how many CFMs should i get and whats a good brand ?

Car is a 1992 mercury capri XR2 4 cylinder turbo upgraded hybrid turbo 16PSI boost so the engine does get quite warm.

Thanks for the help guys !!! if i can get away with just a single 12" that will be ideal !

Would your current fan work if you reverse the polarity on the motor and move it to the other side? Not sure about fan motors, but in dc circuits, like a cordless drill for example, when you reverse the polarity the motor spins the opposite way. Just an idea.

Edit: spelling

Sounds like you have your work cut out for ya. I don't know about how much CFM you need but i would cover as much area as you can so you can get the air across as many fins as you can. I want to ask about your a/c condenser and if it isn't in the way. Or do you not even have one?

nothing is in the way in front of radiator the fans will be able to mount right to the radiator

Would your current fan work if you reverse the polarity on the motor and move it to the other side? Not sure about fan motors, but in dc circuits, like a cordless drill for example, when you reverse the polarity the motor spins the opposite way. Just an idea.

He is right. Typically electric fans have 2 wires. When reversed they will spin the opposite direction. This will work but depending on the curvature of your blades the fan would be fighting itself.

Your going to be better off leaving the fans how they are now instead of moving them and making them "push".

But, if your wanting an answer. Go with 2 10 inch fans you'll be blowing a lot more air than one 12. Or, you can get a really nice 12. I recommend summitracing.com for fans. The more CFM the better.

A relay would be safer but putting them on the same circuit is just fine.

On one last note, if your trying to cool the motor down (just assuming that is the goal) try a lower thermostat, put the additive "water wetter" in the radiator, run less antifreeze, get a high output water pump, turn your timing down if it's set too high this can affect temperatures.

Hope this helps.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

Archived