Second Skin Audio

Honda Accord second skin / more pictures pg 3 !

Ok with your pics, I'm never putting my pics up. I'm not sure if you consider yours along the line of professionally installed but mine is nowhere near yours. Lol. We have confirmed I will never do pics of my sound deadening. Lol.

But, I've noticed that too. My trunk would rattle so I got some damp pro and put it on. Trunk rattles no more, now it's the rear shelf. Not exactly fun. I'm sure the rattles would move elsewhere after. But it's all good. Traps the metal so no vibrating and keeps the sound in so it's almost soundproof. I used to notice I could hear a lot outside... bass, music, even people talking (when I was outside and they were inside waiting)... shit, not no more.

Sheena = pedobear

Appreciate the info. I'm thinking the same a set front and rear but I'm unsure whether I want to run them active or not.

I use the crossovers i have more control on the tweeters with them..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

i have a 99 accord, i was having some rattle issues with the weight on the trunk lid slapping against the top part. use a 10 mm and pop that sucker out. worked for me

photo410.jpg

that thingy ^

I took it out later the same day.. Lol didnt think about that before i did ss

Ok with your pics, I'm never putting my pics up. I'm not sure if you consider yours along the line of professionally installed but mine is nowhere near yours. Lol. We have confirmed I will never do pics of my sound deadening. Lol.

But, I've noticed that too. My trunk would rattle so I got some damp pro and put it on. Trunk rattles no more, now it's the rear shelf. Not exactly fun. I'm sure the rattles would move elsewhere after. But it's all good. Traps the metal so no vibrating and keeps the sound in so it's almost soundproof. I used to notice I could hear a lot outside... bass, music, even people talking (when I was outside and they were inside waiting)... shit, not no more.

I wasnt hurrying at all when i was doin it.. Im patient guy lol, and my rear shelf and bumper rattle now.. I wanna get 100 sqft nxt time and use some in my mothers 09 accord cause she got the lx and it has no deadending at all...

i have a 99 accord, i was having some rattle issues with the weight on the trunk lid slapping against the top part. use a 10 mm and pop that sucker out. worked for me

photo410.jpg

that thingy ^

i also filled in the trunk lid with some gaps and cracks, dont use too much like me, my trunk is bumped up a little in some parts haha.

IMG_20120724_141615.jpg

i put the strip of deadener across, used a blade to cut an x where the holes are, stuck the gaps and cracks straw thru and sprayed in both directions, right after there was enough in i put the electrical tape over the x i just made and let it all expand. it came out some where you see the towel. that shit stays on your hands for a while haha i would recommend using gloves

IMG_20120724_141624.jpg

Edited by gt58

photo410.jpg

I was thinkin about using the foam but i tought that this might happen lol

that thingy ^

i also filled in the trunk lid with some gaps and cracks, dont use too much like me, my trunk is bumped up a little in some parts haha.

IMG_20120724_141615.jpg

i put the strip of deadener across, used a blade to cut an x where the holes are, stuck the gaps and cracks straw thru and sprayed in both directions, right after there was enough in i put the electrical tape over the x i just made and let it all expand. it came out some where you see the towel. that shit stays on your hands for a while haha i would recommend using gloves

IMG_20120724_141624.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I was thinkin about using foam but tought about negative effects as well

Sory for mistake

my trunk is hard as a rock now, the only rattle from my car is that dam latch. its that metal on metal. i tried using hockey tape to wrap around the "U" part that it latches onto. just ate right thru it :(

my trunk is hard as a rock now, the only rattle from my car is that dam latch. its that metal on metal. i tried using hockey tape to wrap around the "U" part that it latches onto. just ate right thru it :(

hm... maybe some closed celled foam on the parts where the lid closes? that could cut out the wiggle room that causes the latch to rattle

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png