Sonic Electronix

Monthly Low/Mid/high - end system thread?

I know on a couple computer forums I used to go to, once a month someone would post up a thread with components that would meet a certain budget. I thought, maybe it would be a good idea to start that here, but for audio equipment instead. What you guys think?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I figured it'd give people who want a system some examples of things that are in their budget, or a good option for them to choose.

Sounds like a good idea. Don't know how it would be structured, though.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

We could have a discussion thread, and a pinned/locked thread for the official decisions of it. That way the discussion isn't in the way. We'd have to work with the Moderators on that one though.

I figured, someone could suggest the components, and we'd have a discussion on changes with it before the end of the month, until we come to an agreement that those parts are the best for the price at that time. List the Sub(s), Sub Amp, Headunit, speakers, and speaker amp, at or near a set budget ($600/$1800/$3500 is what I was thinking) than after that, list possible electrical upgrades that may be needed (Separate from the budget). We'd have to make the parts pretty universal, so that people with small cars or big SUVs can fit it and be happy with it.

Archived