Second Skin Audio

Getting the most out of my T1 12's

Hondabiker95

I know that he was a USACI champion or something and I know those aren't normal circumstances. The box was tuned to 70hz or something. I'm just saying that if he managed to get a 150 with 2 kicker comps on 322W then I think 2 T1 12's in the right box on 1500Watts should get pretty damn close

i dont think so

ive done a 143.5 @ 44-46hz ( using iasca cd and they didnt tell me the freq) on a termlab with 2 t2 12s on a t1500 in a ported box. meter on windshield passenger side sealed up, 4cuft with about 15.9" of port per cu ft of box slot ported. sub up port up with the port on the passenger side of the car.

im sure if i had the port on the driver side i could have done better, or if i had atleast made sure the inside of the port was sanded smooth or if i had tuned higher.

150 on 2 12s will be hard, would be much easier on 2 15s

on the other hand i did do a 146 with the same setup on a audio control meter with a spl 110 mic or something along those lines. you could make it easy and break a 150 on a ac meter that isnt set anywhere near correctly.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ok... then do it... do it and let us know.......

good luck, really,.....no more this and that for me.....

im moving on from here...

Thank you guys for all your input :) I'm interested to try a few things and see what I can pull off on the meter. I need to find somewhere to get my truck metered once I do this. By the way I'll start a build log once I start getting equipment. All of you should follow the build :)

If you can hit a 50 with those subs and that amp; hats off to you.

Here is the thing though, you won't, especially with a daily tuning.

Also, OP, we don't have a solution for "teh magic db box". We don't know what will work in your certianly situation and what won't. Only TESTING will do that.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw