DC Sound Lab

I decided to purchase one of these subs http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/146551-dc-m2-level-4-15s-250-shipped/. Now I'm trying to design and build a box for it. Which I've never done before with any woofer.

I know it's a level4 with an XL coil but what all does that change? Does the sub have similar T/s parameters to a XL or do I build a box for a normal level4?

Any information is appreciated.

I decided to post here because this is a DC audio sub but enclosures fits too.

The xl coil allows it to handle more power, not sure how much. i would assume it has similar t/s parameters. im sure a dc rep will chime in

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

4 cubes tuned to about 34hz

DC 3.5k

1/0 Welding Supply Ultra Flex

Stock 140A alt

Stinger Fuses & Fuse Holders

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

Strapped on 1 sub or on 2 subs?

he plans on doing it to 1 sub or at least 1 for now. glad he asked the question cuz i just bought the same exact sub an was wondering the same thing

Edited by zydrix

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

You will be just fine. The sub you are buying is a dual 1 ohm, so you will be running at 2 ohms strapped. I would go with 3.25ft3 net airspace for the sub. The t/s specs will be different than the stock Level 4 or stock XL since it is a blend of both subs.

Ok first off let me clarify something. There is no such thing and a Level 4 XL. There is a Level 4 and the is an XL. These are 2 completely different subs.

What you are buying is a Level 4 sub with the XL upgrade. This is still a Level 4 motor, but is built using the XL coil and in some cases 1 extra spider.

I would say that you can safely put 1850-2000w. If you are looking at putting 2800w to 1 sub, you need to go with the full XL sub

I know it's a level 4 with XL upgrade it's just a lot easier to type level4XL when I'm on my phone.

As I expected just changing the coil wouldn't raise the power handling to that of an XL... I guess I was hoping it would though.

I probably will be upgrading to an XL or 2 in the future.

Thanks for the help I really do appriciate it.