Sonic Electronix

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe (W/ Infinity audio and NAV) Custom Head unit install

As the title stated, I am trying to install a Pioneer AVH-2400 BT in my 2009 Santa Fe with the ...infamous... Infinity System with navigation.This car has a factory installed amp. I'm no newbie to car audio but I'm not a crazy custom guy. My question is what should i do about the factory amp? When i bought the unit Crutchfield said I needed a line out converter ( so I went ahead and got it). Also, I was at a buddies last night and he said I should just remove the factory amp and use the amp in the new Pioneer HU and run the wires directly to the speakers from the new HU. I'm a little worried about the new HU not being able to power the stock speakers. I think the stock amp is something like a 600 Watt, I honestly cannot remember off of the top of my head. I have no problem installing the HU, done it 3-4 times before in other cars, BUT I can't decide how to address the issue of just using a Line Out Converter or just running wires down under the seat to the respective speaker wires. Please help a bother out here!

Also, Any tips on steering wheel controls? ( Never done any before :/ )

Thanks, James

Are there RCA's running to the amp? If you have any Amplifier pre outs on the head unit, you shouldnt have to use a line out converter. My Dodge Dakota (2002) also has an infinity system with an amplifier. All I had to do was get a wiring harness for my head unit.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Ok guys, checks it out and the Stock amp only has 2 huge proprietary connectors. So I'd have to wire in a Line out converter. Which I have a four channel one. I doubt that there are any more channels than that from the stock HU to the Stock amp. LOC method then I guess? What should my voltages be for my line out to stick amp. I thought maybe just take a reading off of the stock HU while its plugged in to get a value and then match it with the one out converter?

Archived