sq car speakers

keith

thanks cable guy is it posible to do a 3 way with 4 inch in the dash and 6.5 in the door and on the pillars witch direction should the tweets be aimed in to get that all around response

yes, this will work too ...

I normally place them almost half way up the A-pillars aiming towards the rear view mirror ... For starters

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

WOW ... This thread went off the DEEP END !!!

GREAT !!! Alot of info on here ... Technical is SO much better for me rather than blowing up hair and being obnoxious !!!

Thank you guys, I will have to read alot through this thread for input, so I will work with this through the night ...

I wouldn't use 6x9 speakers to start off, you never want non-circle shaped speakers, especially for sound quality.

Cablguy184 is one of the best people to ever listen to when it comes to sound quality.

You sure about that????I'm talking about the 6x9's

Yes because of the basic fact that sound waves are circle shaped, not oval shaped.

Now if you're tricking me with the shape factor, then I exclude horns or planar tweeters.

sorry to bust your bubble but you are wrong sir

ill quote myself

I know of an awsome sq car with 6x9's in the doors id horns under the dash and super tweets in the dash

the only round speaker in there is the super tweets that only play 10k and up almost never heard

I really don't care, the best sounding speakers are round, end of story.

I'm not gonna let you fling around that sq judge title to take you seriously, plus I wanna hear Cablguy's input on this.

lmao!!!!!! you will take cable guy somone that lives a few stats over seriously over someone that builds for sq and judges it to meaning i know what the fuck true sq is

k that makes sence lmao you can belive what ever you want does not make you right tho

Team Bassik(Alpine) ... What did I do to piss you off Sir ??

I only give help to op's questions to help him out with what he is got to work with for the best output ...

I agree, 6x9s will work great in the correct applications, but from the way I read the op's post, that particular 6x9 used in his "Caddy" is for a sub driver, which is what they did back in those days (if I remember correctly)

not mad at you or pissed sir i just thought it was funny he was dismissing my opionion for yours yet you had no imput on the matter at that time sorry to drag your name into it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

like i said i would do a plate to replace the 4x6 with ether a 3 inch or 4inch tweet combo what ever fits then a6 1/2 mid bass in the doors can give you some serious SQ with a stock look

tweets pointed at the rearveiw is called off axis you should google it

its all good Sir

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

and seeing that the caddy has alot of space would just the front stage fill the car i want who ever is sitting in the back to be able to enjoy the music also

I thought I covered that already with this post ... Nothing larger than a pair of 5.25 on radio power on the rear deck ...

aftermarket head unit now is a kewood x 895 im going to get the pioneer 80prs .Will be all stock locations of 1993 cadillac sedan deville 2 SA 12 for the subs rockford fosgate t600.4 and t1500 the dash has 4/6 plates and the doors have 5.25 and the rear deck has 6/9 thanks for any help

OK ... I stand corrected about the 6x9s being sub drivers ...

They used those to get alot of bottom end sound, and worked great beings the 6x9s literally used the "Entire trunk" for air space ...

If you plan to go with the subs you posted, I'd delete the 6x9s and go with maybe some 5.25s for midbass in the rears, but I'd make that last on the list ...

ok im going to go with the cdt audio hd 3 way set i have seen the 8 inch set and the 6.5 each looks pretty damn good now i have to find out which one will fit will keep you guys posted and put up pics of instal thanks if any one have any other sugestions on a 3 way comp set please post

and seeing that the caddy has alot of space would just the front stage fill the car i want who ever is sitting in the back to be able to enjoy the music also

if your not going crazy with the bass a good front stage will be heard just fine in the back

pluse there back there for a resone lol let em suffer if you get the 6x9's you will be spending money just for the people in the back IMO

Archived