Monday Night Football!! GB at Seattle

If you guys notice, the only people really arguing this are the Seattle fans.

And they're arguing that dual possession call so much that they're forgetting there was a blatant offensive pass interference that made it possible for Tate to even touch the ball.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

That was not roughing the passer

The qb was running away he dove if the ball was still in his hand it would be a sack I guess d has to break the rules of phsics and stop himself in mid air not to hit the qb no matter what

read the rules please, article 13 section 2 and section 5

ROUGHING THE PASSER

Article 13 Because the act of passing often puts the quarterback (or any other player attempting a pass) in

a position where he is particularly vulnerable to injury, special rules against roughing the passer apply. The

Referee has principal responsibility for enforcing these rules. Any physical acts against passers during or

just after a pass which, in the Referee’s judgment, are unwarranted by the circumstances of the play will

be called as fouls. The Referee will be guided by the following principles:

PASS LEAVING PASSER’S HAND; ONE-STEP RULE

(1)�� Roughing will be called if, in the Referee’s judgment, a pass rusher clearly should have known that the

ball had already left the passer’s hand before contact was made; pass rushers are responsible for

being aware of the position of the ball in passing situations; the Referee will use the release of the ball

from the passer’s hand as his guideline that the passer is now fully protected; once a pass has been

released by a passer, a rushing defender may make direct contact with the passer only up through

the rusher’s first step after such release (prior to second step hitting the ground); thereafter the rusher

must be making an attempt to avoid contact and must not continue to “drive through” or otherwise

forcibly contact the passer; incidental or inadvertent contact by a player who is easing up or being

blocked into the passer will not be considered significant.

UNNECESSARY ACTS AGAINST PASSER

(2)�� A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as “stuffing” a

passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the

ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation provided

for in (1) above. When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after

throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down and land on

top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap

up or cradle the passer with the defensive player’s arms

HITTING PASSER’S KNEE

(5)�� A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one

or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is

blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him;

regardless it was a penalty. rules have changed a lot and all the hard hits we loved to watch are now illegal and will get a penalty. if i remember correctly the QB was hit below the knee there for it was a penalty

im not a seattle seahawk fan and agree that it was not the correct call. just saying the packers are the ones who put them selves in that situation

And they're arguing that dual possession call so much that they're forgetting there was a blatant offensive pass interference that made it possible for Tate to even touch the ball.

which is almost never called, even with the real refs

Sheena = pedobear

lol

I don't think I've ever seen a pass interference like that on either side of the ball.

I'm just about 100% sure the refs would have called that one. They never call the little hand fighting down the sideline or in the endzone, but this wasn't hand fighting. The NFLs statement regarding that situation said they agreed a Pass Interference should have been called.

But if it helps you sleep better at night keep thinking that nobody would have called a pass interference that was that obvious.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

lol

I don't think I've ever seen a pass interference like that on either side of the ball.

I'm just about 100% sure the refs would have called that one. They never call the little hand fighting down the sideline or in the endzone, but this wasn't hand fighting. The NFLs statement regarding that situation said they agreed a Pass Interference should have been called.

But if it helps you sleep better at night keep thinking that nobody would have called a pass interference that was that obvious.

calls like that should be called though on hell mary the usually dont. on any other play they do call it and would have called it

lol

calls like that should be called though on hell mary the usually dont. on any other play they do call it and would have called it

Exactly. If it's not a hail mary at the end of the game, to decide the game, all refs MOST OF THE TIME let it be a no holds barred type situation. Everyone wants to bring in other people's opinions, well what'd all the people say? It's usually not called in that type of situation, it's no holds barred, etc. Think not? Go get me some stats of offensive pass interference on hail mary plays that will decide the game. Now if it's middle of the 3rd quarter, then usually refs will call it. But on the final play of the game with those type of indications? They don't call it.

And not sure about that whole sleepin better as I honestly couldn't care less. Just hate how people complaining. Lol.

Sheena = pedobear

lol

Exactly. If it's not a hail mary at the end of the game, to decide the game, all refs MOST OF THE TIME let it be a no holds barred type situation. Everyone wants to bring in other people's opinions, well what'd all the people say? It's usually not called in that type of situation, it's no holds barred, etc. Think not? Go get me some stats of offensive pass interference on hail mary plays that will decide the game. Now if it's middle of the 3rd quarter, then usually refs will call it. But on the final play of the game with those type of indications? They don't call it.

And not sure about that whole sleepin better as I honestly couldn't care less. Just hate how people complaining. Lol.

Post a video with a blatant pass interference like Tate's.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I'm a Seattle fan and I also agree that it was a blatant OPI that should have been called on Tate. But it wasn't. And once they miss throwing the yellow flag on the play, it can't be added later or reviewed. OPIs usually don't get called on the last play of the game, true, but they also aren't usually quite as blatant. As far as the OPI goes, I totally agree it was missed and should have been called before the controversial "catch" ever became an issue.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

Don't have time and don't truly wanna search the net for videos of exact same situations. but there ya go champ.

And I agree that OPI should be called, even last play of the game, but the nature of the beast is that they usually aren't. I think if it can be called on the first play, should be called on the last play.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived