Car Audio in Home 2000WRMS RF/AA/SHCA System Build

Since I don't own a car yet and don't even have I license yet (Netherlands need to be 18..)
I build car audio systems that I use at home. I build 2 systems before now I wanted it to be bigger and nicer so started a new project.

First thing I did was making some design's really quick 1 for the dimensions of the subwoofer enclusor and one for the speakers.
There is going to be a control point were all the amps are putt on where the PSU's are put in and where I'm going to build in a PC.

The designs:
design1k.jpg
design2j.jpg

One more thing I know I don't have the best audio products for this but keep in mind I'm only 17 years old going to college every day so I'm busy and don't have that much money to go and buy stuff like Ascendant Audio.

I decided to start on the subwoofer enclosure, this isn't going to look exactly like the design because I'm fiberglassing it.
First time doing this so took me some time and it isn't flawless unfortunatly

Here is the encloser with the resin on it:
dsc0145zx.jpg
I put the fiberglass on the back so I didn't need to sand it down.

Next thing I did was putting some body filler on it but I bought some cheap stuff from the carshop and this wasn't very nice:
dsc0148dvh.jpg
dsc0149am.jpg

after I sanded it down there were all kinds of puts in the body filler so i decided to buy Evercoat Rage Gold and gave it a new layer of body filler, this came out like this:
dsc0150we.jpg
dsc0151on.jpg

Then I made the speaker connections inside the enclosure and made the holes for the ports:
dsc0152gb.jpg
dsc0153dk.jpg

After this I fitted the subwoofers in.
dsc1344ij.jpg

I decided to make the ports myself in order to do this I build a little routertable where I screwed the wood down on the table and just turned the wood around and I had a perfect cirkel.
dsc1362z.jpg
dsc1360n.jpg

This is how the ports turned out:
dsc1365d.jpg

Then I painted the PVC pipes and the MDF blue:
dsc0157ah.jpg
good thing I put a paper under it haha.

After fiberglassing the PVC and the MDF together I fitted it inside the enclosure.
dsc0158ky.jpg

Now I'm about to sand the whole encolure down again and afterwards I'll paint it glossy black.

Looks wicked. cant wait to see what you do in a car!

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

wicked is defiantly a good thing!

glassing at your age... yup your installs are going to look awesome

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Not sure what you want to do in life but if you keep working at it, I think you could probably work at a shop and do installs. Not talking about the crap chain stores, but high profile stores like West Coast Customs or whatever (not sure if you've heard of them). Maybe even own your own shop. Just gotta have the funds. I mean you're 17 and already doing that type of stuff? Good stuff man. For people like me, it's too late. My potential, if I tried to get in the car audio world as a job, would be just an installer or whatnot at the crap chain stores.

Sheena = pedobear

thanks guys really appreciate it :)

@WastedTalent,

I hope it would turn out that nice that I'm able to have a own shop the thing is I can't sit still when it comes to building car audio. My previous build was like 2 months ago,

As soon as I finished that one I was already designing the next one. So if it keeps going like this there will definetly be more builds from me :D

Next update on this one will be saturday or sunday because through the week I'm very busy with school and work.

Just to let all of you guys know this isn't a very quick bould unfortunatly.

I was looking through some of my google sketchup designs and I found the console design I made for this project back.

It isn't going to be exactly like this sketch because originally I wasn't going to put a PC inside the console but I was going to put the laptop on top if it and connect it with the amps from there. but I decided it was much nicer and much more of a challange to put an PC inside that boots up on itunes or some sort of media player. I'm going to put te keyboard inside the console to nice and flush.

In this sketch you see I left a few planks out this is to show the room where the PSU's are going to come and to show how the amps wil be putt in there.

design3console.jpg

If anyone has something to add to the whole idea I'm open for suggestions (doesn't mean I'm going to follow them ofcourse haha)

I'm almost done with sanding the box finally :D:D

hope to get the box primered tomorrow maybe skip a college tomorrow to get it done..

Photo's if it will folow ofcourse.

Little question does anyone know how it works with those sponsered builds?

I see all kind of this build topics on the forum and I'm wondering how it excectly works.

My parents had a nice suprise for me as sone as I get my license they are willing to pay a part of the car I'm going to buy what means I've more money left over for the system that's going into the car :D

Archived