Sundown Audio

amp help please! amp recommendations

alenv10

i meant saz 1500 v.3

Hope he's a really good buddy!!!

Sundown Amps >>>>>> the other brands you listed

Would be willing to spend at least $100 more for the Sundowns if they are in good shape.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

Seems easiest, CHEAPEST route would be to get subs that actually allowed you to wire to the proper load. 4 Dual 2 ohm subs would allow you to wire 1 ohm final load at the amp. Problem=Solved. You're playing Russian roulette with the Audiopipe. Make sure at the very least, if you go that direction, to DD1 or O-scope the amp.

It's a shame to have nice subs powered by a turd.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

My suggestion is wait and save up. Why cheap out on amps, or get your amps, then starve them for power by not doing electrical upgrades? You should see if you could trade for D2s straight across with someone, buy a Cresendo BC2K and call it a day.

I'm BARELY comfortable running a T1000 on just the Big3 and an XS under the hood.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

okay well I'm either gonna do the audio pipe 3000, strap 2 audio pipe 1500's together or planet audio 2400.

i got a buddy with 2 sundown zv3 1500's if he gets me a really good deal i might do that

the ap3000 is literally just two 1500's strapped in one casing. thats why its 3 feet long. its just 2 1500 boards side by side.

planet audio uses the same build house as boss and all those other shitty brands.

Seems easiest, CHEAPEST route would be to get subs that actually allowed you to wire to the proper load. 4 Dual 2 ohm subs would allow you to wire 1 ohm final load at the amp. Problem=Solved. You're playing Russian roulette with the Audiopipe. Make sure at the very least, if you go that direction, to DD1 or O-scope the amp.

It's a shame to have nice subs powered by a turd.

sdc2.5's only come in d4's now for some fucking reason.

oh dam, thats good.. i might do that.

i also was thinking of doing 2 audiopipe 1500's and strap them..

or 4 D4's will have ohm rise that might just get me to 1 ohm load which will mean im safe with just wiring at a .5 ohm load and hoping it gets up to 1 ohm load

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

Archived