Sundown Audio

amp help please! amp recommendations

alenv10

I need an amp that does 2000-3000 watts rms at a 2 ohm load.

4 audioque sdc 15's D4's. I might do 2 amps buy im rwally trying to do a single amp

Does not have to be name brand or anythong just one that does aome goos power at 2 ohm load

NOTHING DOWN HERE YET :(

OBSIDIAN FTW

I think Rockford still makes amps that are rated at 2 ohm. Not many do.

Doing 2 amps that are 1 ohm stable and strappable will open up your options a good bit if you cant find any that put out that power @ 2 ohms and don't cost a fortune.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

T2500-1bdCP, or a DC 2.5k

I type too slow lol. : )

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

I think Rockford still makes amps that are rated at 2 ohm. Not many do.

Doing 2 amps that are 1 ohm stable and strappable will open up your options a good bit if you cant find any that put out that power @ 2 ohms and don't cost a fortune.

i dont believe they make 2 ohm stable amps anymore. the constant power ones do the same power at 1 and 2 ohms, but thats different.

OP can either do 2 amps strapped at 2 ohms (which is 1 ohm a piece), or get one big amp that does power at 2 ohms.

for 2000-3000w, you are looking at electrical upgrades as well. that is, if you plan on keeping the amps for a decent amount of time. (they'll blow up if your electrical is weak enough and if you're stupid and push the amps)

for 2000-3000w, you are looking at electrical upgrades as well. that is, if you plan on keeping the amps for a decent amount of time. (they'll blow up if your electrical is weak enough and if you're stupid and push the amps)

Spot on!!!

Hell my Impala cant even handle my amp pushing 500 watts on stock elec lol.

"Service Stabilitrack"

And now it shuts my cruise control off!!! What a pain in the ass!!

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

Archived