Second Skin Audio

Huge Kerfs with T-line building fun!! lots of pics

revoracing247

the 3 bend will work just fine.....as long as the line is the right length.....is the Fs of the JL 12 you have about 24 hz ?

thanks that helps a lot! and yeah it surprised me when i first found the manual for it. and honestly i probably wouldn't be building a t-line for it if it wasn't that low. it has a higher qms and qts then is ideal for a t-line so it's gonna have a pretty steep drop off after it's tuning but it wont matter cause its at 24hz! lol

do you think making the puzzle piece double baffle would be fine?

No problem :)....and yea the puzzle baffle should be just fine also. The second layer (puzzle piece) on the front baffle is more for visual but does add some stability for mounting. Will work just fine.

the 3 bend will work just fine.....as long as the line is the right length.....is the Fs of the JL 12 you have about 24 hz ?

thanks that helps a lot! and yeah it surprised me when i first found the manual for it. and honestly i probably wouldn't be building a t-line for it if it wasn't that low. it has a higher qms and qts then is ideal for a t-line so it's gonna have a pretty steep drop off after it's tuning but it wont matter cause its at 24hz! lol

do you think making the puzzle piece double baffle would be fine?

No problem :)....and yea the puzzle baffle should be just fine also. The second layer (puzzle piece) on the front baffle is more for visual but does add some stability for mounting. Will work just fine.

awesome! thanks for the confidence haha just needed a thumbs up from someone other then me :P looks like i'll probably be picking up the wood some time in the beginning of this week then! and more pics to come! if anyone's interested lol

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

ok! Finally got some time after my homework and just wanted to pump out this cut out sheet. not sure how most people like to do them but personally this is my favorite way :P

i was originally gonna try to fit it onto one 8'X4' sheet but seeing as my box is over 4' long and 2' high the top and bottom weren't gonna fit on one sheet at all.

anyways...yay colors!

T-line3Bend24Hzcutoutsheet3.png

and i also duplicate the box and make a cut sheet box so it's easy to see which pieces go where.

T-line3Bend24Hzcutoutsheet2.png

and obviously before i print anything off im gonna put all the dim in there and double and tripple check all my lengths.

T-line3Bend24Hzcutoutsheet1.png

anyways i know it's late but hopefully someone will see it :P does anyone know if there's a big price diff between homedepot and lowes? last time i went to homedepot and for one 4'X8' sheet and a box of nails i think was around $40. just looking to save money where can. (not cutting corners just being resourceful)

let me know what you think!

i think i might actually start a build log for my truck. not going crazy or anything but just getting a fun system together and getting ready and practiced up for my big system down the road. lets see how loud we can get a regular t-line to go! like before opinions welcomed!

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

ok! so i found some time to sneak out in between school and hw and got!

WOOOOOOOD! and some screws :P

WP_001803.jpg

after looking at lowes and home depot i found both of them were exactly the same $35 for a 4'X8' sheet. so i went to home depot cause i've been there before in this area.

total toll was a couple cents under $80 -_- pretty much emptied my pockets but oh well it's worth it plus now i have plenty of extra mdf when im done to make an amp rack or something cool.

loaded up!

WP_001805.jpg

mdf inventory check

WP_001807.jpg

and the left over from the 8"

WP_001808.jpg

anyways tomorrows pretty crammed for my tomorrow with classes and what not and i still am locating a table saw i can borrow and router but i'll try to get more updates soon! oh also tonight im gonna finally start my build log. i just have a lot of little things i could do that wouldn't fit in this thread so i'll post a link soon if ya guys wanna follow!

and i'll still post things on here too :P

im getting excited for this box!

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

YES!!! I'm lookin forward to the build log!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

still tuned in here :)

i'll try to make this not too much of a repeat of my truck build haha

so i took a break from some hw and had fun in sketch up...

im thinking of painting a logo or something like this when i paint the box.

let me know what you guys think!

T-line3Bend24Hzplayingaround21.png

T-line3Bend24Hzplayingaround2.png

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I've got a 12" Mojo in a t-line, and it actually hurts. I like the time you spent to show the designs. good job. Also... 24Hz, um, ok....kool, don't forget the sub-sonic filter.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived