Trying to hook up a second alt. I do not want to hook it up to my factory set up because of alarms. is it possible to hook up a external voltage regulater that will charge my bat with out over charging on a daily drive.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

must add that the primary alt is a 220 and i also want this unit to charge my bats also. I need about 500 amps of power and i only want to add 1 d3100 and a d3400. Any good ideas will help.

Will i need more bat juice?

wait what? just because you have high out put alts it dont mean they will overcharge a battery. alternators already have a voltage regulator and it wont charge past the set voltage

the alternator will throw more amps as your system needs it. though the voltage will remain the same unless the system demands more amperage

Ok even though it has one internal what is the Pont of every connector other then the positive terminal on a alt?

you want two alts separate from each other, but charging the same batteries? HUH? you're confusing as fuck.

the point of the 1/2/3/4 wire plug that goes into the side of the alt, is so the car can control and monitor the alt.

you want two alts separate from each other, but charging the same batteries? HUH? you're confusing as fuck.

the point of the 1/2/3/4 wire plug that goes into the side of the alt, is so the car can control and monitor the alt.

Ok..... If i hook up the 1234 wires to control both ats it will set off a alarm ( not a aftermarket alarm a warning alarm on the dash) telling me that their is some thing is wrong I dont want this light to turn on so i cannot connect the two to the car 1/2/3/4 plug. But i still want to run 500 amp system with two alts.

wait what? just because you have high out put alts it dont mean they will overcharge a battery. alternators already have a voltage regulator and it wont charge past the set voltage

ok explain

• 4 months later...

Archived