looks good man

thanks man!

Oh lord that seat was rough. They look good now though

what year of a ranger did the seats come out of?

Do you know which years will fit into a 2000?

quick visit to wiki and back and i know that between the 2nd gen and 3rd gen they retained the interior (mine's second: 1996) and the 2000 is 3rd. it does say that in 2004 they changed to bucket seats because of some law. though i'd guess they have the same bolt pattern.

long story short. if ya wanna play it safe. 1993-2004 but i'd bet you'd be fine from 1993-2012 honestly. (i doubt you do wanna go backwards but) one think i notice is that my new seats sit higher then the old ones.

hope this helps!

btw here's the wiki: http://en.wikipedia....(North_America)

lol wiki i dont know why i didnt think of that..

Well thanks for you help man.

How much higher would you say the seats sit?

sure thing! and i wouldn't say much. i didn't notice it till a buddy of mine has the same year truck with the stock seats in it and i noticed i was more looking over the steering wheel rather then just out the window. i like how the new seats sit better.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

sooo today finally my other transistors came in!!!

WP_001848.jpg

and here's pics from putting them in

i like the look of the backside of this amp btw..

WP_001849.jpg

WP_001850.jpg

WP_001853.jpg

both small ones soldered in

WP_001855.jpg

now for the big ones

WP_001856.jpg

WP_001858.jpg

trimmed and looking sexy

WP_001860.jpg

all of them in!

WP_001861.jpg

WP_001862.jpg

WP_001863.jpg

WP_001864.jpg

ok so now i had to get the heat sink on again. and btw....if i ever design an amp when i get my degree finally. i am NEVER designing the heat sink like this....

took me like 20 min of wrestling with it to get it on.... man that sucked!!!!

partly on

WP_001865.jpg

WP_001866.jpg

and all the way on

WP_001868.jpg

WP_001869.jpg

now i finally put all the parts back together and im quite surprised. after like 6 months of it being in pieces i didn't loose a single screw!! and i've moved to and from college twice!

WP_001870.jpg

alright so to test it i put it in my car and when i tried putting the fuse in on the wire it sparked a lot and dimmed the lights in my truck :P and it scared me honestly. (i hate electricity) and well i tried it again just to make sure and it didn't do it. so i think the caps inside were all recharging again :P anyways!

the verdict......

it turns on!

but not much else -_- the light ontop comes on and the cooling fan and when i play music i can barely feel the sub move a tiny tiny bit. but nothing i do changes anything on it.... sooooo im leaving it over night and trying in the morning. (maybe everything will be fully charged by then)

anyways now im looking for a new amp around 300 rms.

and im on an extremely tight budget so don't judge me on what amp i get!! if i could be picky i would!

but yeah, fun times :P

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

good chance the rest of the mosfets that are the same as the ones you replaced are dead or damaged as well.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

good chance the rest of the mosfets that are the same as the ones you replaced are dead or damaged as well.

yeah i'd probably say you're right. and even when i was putting them in i saw a couple i probably should have just taken out the first time. but i really don't feel like wrestling with the heat sink again to try another time. if it doesn't work tomorrow i'm just gonna look for another amp. might sell my pocket rocket for the money lol

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

thanks to revoofrustler! i have a new power plant coming!!

and it's a polk pa880! now i know they get really hot when you push them but im not gonna put the gain up that much at all so it should be fine.

anyways sorry i haven't posted for a bit. been busy with school again, but more updates should be up soon!

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Hey! So I just remembered that the Polk Amp is marine certified. So if you're window starts leaking again you won't end up in a cloud of smoke!

I'm looking forward to see what you can do with that amp, so get that box put together! Haha

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Hey! So I just remembered that the Polk Amp is marine certified. So if you're window starts leaking again you won't end up in a cloud of smoke!

I'm looking forward to see what you can do with that amp, so get that box put together! Haha

haha hopefuly having the amp in a diff place i won't have that problem this time!! btw that reminds me i still need to fix my window before i put my box in... lol

and i got more goodies in the mail!! (at least they're exciting to me)

WP_001874.jpg

can you guess what it is??

WP_001875.jpg

i got pink packing peanuts!! :twirl:

and some 6.5" dust caps...

WP_001876.jpg

honestly i was really surprised at how rigid these things are. plus they don't look like paper speaker cones, they almost have like a weaved pattern to them. i like how they look actually.

WP_001877.jpg

just trying to scrap off some of the retarded super glue the guy before me tried to fix the original caps with...

WP_001878.jpg

WP_001879.jpg

ready to glue!!

WP_001880.jpg

got glue on the lip...

WP_001881.jpg

and as centered as i could.

WP_001882.jpg

alright.... well now is a good time to stop and say this. i am horrible at making glue lines or any sort of adhesive look pretty. and i don't get much practice to don't judge me on how bad this looks... plus i have another cap for my other jl 12 (same model) so i can blow this one and have another one ready to go and i can make it look prettier on that one. (if i can lol)

anyways! doing the outside ring. (they don't say you have to but i wanted to be extra sure it wasn't coming off)

WP_001883.jpg

WP_001884.jpg

WP_001885.jpg

so let me know what you guys think! it's still drying right now but i'll get some pics when it's done prob tomorrow.

i know it's hard to tell with the weight on it right now but i like how these new cones make the speaker look. i think it looks better then the factory one.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Looks to be coming along good. Sucks about the amp not cooperating after all of that time and work putting in the new mosfets.

I am diggin' the T-Line enclosure. I've never built one, but I've always been a big fan of them.... so much cooler than a ported or sealed box. Lots of math and theory to be able to delve into. :D Good job so far, keep up the good work!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Looks to be coming along good. Sucks about the amp not cooperating after all of that time and work putting in the new mosfets.

I am diggin' the T-Line enclosure. I've never built one, but I've always been a big fan of them.... so much cooler than a ported or sealed box. Lots of math and theory to be able to delve into. :D Good job so far, keep up the good work!

thanks! and yeah i was really hoping it'd fix it but honestly didn't have much confidence :P

and the t-lines honestly seem easier to design actually. there ain't a ton of variations you can choose from when designing it, and well it makes it pretty easy, at least i think it does. this is my first big woofer t-line i've done so im excited to see how it turns out.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

finally got some time to work on the box!! honestly didn't get as far as i wanted today but oh well. better slow and built good then fast and crap.

oh first! a picture of the dried dust cap!

lookin good.

WP_001887.jpg

anyways, yesterday i stopped by ace and i had enough money to pick up a router cutting bit! so i could finally cut nice holes!

WP_001886.jpg

so first order of business today, i wanted to get all the lines drawn on the top and bottom boards and baffles so that i knew where i was cutting and drilling, ect.

top/bottom

WP_001889.jpg

baffles

WP_001890.jpg

ok so i couldn't find a circle jig for the router so i had to make my own....so here's my first attempt.

cut this off a broken square 5gal bucket that was about to go to the dump

WP_001891.jpg

the plastic was weathered and really brittle

but eventually i got it somewhat mounted to the router.

WP_001892.jpg

and well after getting everything set up i had a couple problems. for one the bit kept moving cause i didn't screw it in tight enough and then part way through my retarded jig broke so it came out just ok, with some imperfections.

WP_001894.jpg

annnd the ugly

WP_001895.jpg

anyways decided to try to redo the jig but do it better this time. so out of the stuff going to the junk i cut this sheet metal off a tube thing.

WP_001896.jpg

drilled some holes and got it set up to mount to the router

WP_001897.jpg

WP_001898.jpg

and now set up ready to cut.

WP_001899.jpg

and this time it came out a bit better.

WP_001900.jpg

so i tried to test fit the two baffles together with the sub and i guess i didn't make the outer baffle hole big enough cause my sub wouldn't fit in!

WP_001901.jpg

anyways it took forever to try to figure out how to make the hole bigger with out making the circle look any worse. especially since this is the hole everyone is gonna be looking at. anyways after trying a few different things with the router and sand paper, i ended up rounding out the circle and then using another bit to make it slightly larger and then rounding it out again. and well. it's really snug but it fits!! and i think it looks pretty good.

WP_001909.jpg

WP_001910.jpg

now that's flush.

WP_001911.jpg

as you might have noticed i did accidently damage one of the really thin sections on the sides and well im gonna probably just fix it with bondo when i get the box done.

anyways the last thing i wanted to do tonight was get the baffles glued together.

WP_001912.jpg

it actually took a lot more glue then that to get it covered

and actually i put it in place and then realized i hadn't taken a picture so i pulled it apart and took a pic just for you guys.

WP_001913.jpg

and set for the night..

WP_001915.jpg

anyways hoping to get more done soon!

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15