Sundown Audio

Soundstream Reference amps (opinions)

Omega5002

So I've been looking at the Soundstream reference amps for mid's and high's, partically the REF760.4 and I would like to know what you guys think about them, good or bad. I've read good reviews about it,and the specs look nice, but I wanna see what you guys think.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

So I've been looking at the Soundstream reference amps for mid's and high's, partically the REF760.4 and I would like to know what you guys think about them, good or bad. I've read good reviews about it,and the specs look nice, but I wanna see what you guys think.

Very nice amps the sound is amazing on them for the cost good way to go if you want a nice SQish amp. I have heard cleaner from SQ oriented amps but don't sleep on the SS References they definitely are good solid performers.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Very nice amps the sound is amazing on them for the cost good way to go if you want a nice SQish amp. I have heard cleaner from SQ oriented amps but don't sleep on the SS References they definitely are good solid performers.

Yeah, I've been trying to find a good mids/highs amp, and the Soundstream reference came in one of my choices, though it's not set exactly. When you mention SQ oriented, you mean like Zapco, Audison, Jl, and others along the line of those? If that's, what you mean, then I'd understand what you mean about cleaner performance, but that's a different story right there.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yeah, I've been trying to find a good mids/highs amp, and the Soundstream reference came in one of my choices, though it's not set exactly. When you mention SQ oriented, you mean like Zapco, Audison, Jl, and others along the line of those? If that's, what you mean, then I'd understand what you mean about cleaner performance, but that's a different story right there.

That's exactly what I mean. If you want a clean sounding amp that gets the job done and looks great SS is it but if you're going for ultimate SQ look into one of the lines you listed.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Yeah, that's what I mean't. Though wanna see some other opinions as well, though so far they look good for the price.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived