Lower Drinking Age to 18 edited first post to state my argument

When I was 18 I was all gung-ho about lowering the drinking age. I'm 22 now and damn glad they didn't. I know now that I was waaay to immature at that age to be allowed to buy booze.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

It's a bad idea in my view, because of the fact that 18 year olds are stuck in high school. Their 15-17 year old friends will keep asking for alcohol, which would still be illegal, and it would be worse cause 18 year old's hang out more with younger teens then 21 year olds.

It's already bad with cigarettes/blacks and young teens because 18 year olds can buy them, and I'm guilty of it too, cause I started smoking when I was 17 because I had 18 year old friends to buy me them, and I'm guilty of the opposite as well. Adding alcohol will only make things worse and cause a lot of problems.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

ill make a few points, but im doing the dishes so im somewhat distracted and i have a time frame to leave in today, so ill make this short.

the legal drinking age is 21 because brain development is barely complete at 18. also more teenagers (remember, its eigh TEEN) 18 and under are likely to make immature decisions due to being coddled away in high school and in their parents arms. the term "bulletproof" comes to mind.

drinking at such a young age would increase the amounts of wrecks by probably 40-50%, remember, not ALL 18 year olds drive, making the legal drinking age 18 would push them to get drivers licenses thus increasing the amount of cars on the road and wrecks due to immaturity, drinking, and the lack of skill in driving.

although it would be fun for them it would not be fun for the USA as a whole. lower drinking age means more cars, more wrecks, which means more traffic, more idiots on the road and more drunks on the road than there currently is.

these are just a few points.

if i were you, i'd choose a much better topic.

pick abortion, or the death penalty.

very wide and deep debates both for and against.

back to the dishes beachhhhh!!!

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

but not all 18 year olds are in college. Some are still in hgih school or at home and around those younger siblings. id be wil;ling to bet that if 18 year olds were legal to drink youd see alot of those 18 year olds in serious debt as well as failing out of school because its a little easier to party when youre legal.

Hmm so I would have to implement a law that separates them. Such as you have to be in college and over 18 years old. Idk how the Hell to actually controll that but that would separate the age groups.

Either way in college kids have unlimited access to drinking. In my friends fraternity they have presidents who are over 21 and they get kegs and liquor whenever someone gives them money

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Kids these days are not responsible enough to lower the drinking age. Being 20 myself, i respect the drinking age of 21. I can make a better decision now on what to do and how it will effect me and my career. At 18, i had no clue what i wanted nor cared about what would happen if i got a dwi or something.

2005 Chevy Colorado

Pioneer avic-x930bt

Alpine pdx-m12

Alpine pdx-f4

Focal is 165

Focal ic 165

Sundown SA 15 D4

Kicker 0/1 OFC power wire

Kicker 12 awg speaker wire

XS Power D2400

DC Power 270 H/O Alt

ill make a few points, but im doing the dishes so im somewhat distracted and i have a time frame to leave in today, so ill make this short.

the legal drinking age is 21 because brain development is barely complete at 18. also more teenagers (remember, its eigh TEEN) 18 and under are likely to make immature decisions due to being coddled away in high school and in their parents arms. the term "bulletproof" comes to mind.

drinking at such a young age would increase the amounts of wrecks by probably 40-50%, remember, not ALL 18 year olds drive, making the legal drinking age 18 would push them to get drivers licenses thus increasing the amount of cars on the road and wrecks due to immaturity, drinking, and the lack of skill in driving.

although it would be fun for them it would not be fun for the USA as a whole. lower drinking age means more cars, more wrecks, which means more traffic, more idiots on the road and more drunks on the road than there currently is.

these are just a few points.

if i were you, i'd choose a much better topic.

pick abortion, or the death penalty.

very wide and deep debates both for and against.

back to the dishes beachhhhh!!!

Hahaha thanks. Maybe in a year I'll feel the same!! Unfortunately I can't switch topics I'm stuck on it

Scion tC SQ Build

I just find it funny that you can buy a house, own a car, get your ass put in jail, like you said FIGHT for your country. Yet you can drink... I'm 20 and don't drink because I think its a waste of money and I'd rather buy something else. But still you should be able to.

Maybe lower the drinking age to 18 but keep the age to purchase at 21? Probably some flaws in that but I just thought of it reading through these posts lol

That's an interesting thought. So at a house a 18 year old can drink with his parents or 21 year old friends. But he cannot go and purchase alcohol.

I like it, I'll play around with that, bc I need to make policies to support my argument

Scion tC SQ Build

I just find it funny that you can buy a house, own a car, get your ass put in jail, like you said FIGHT for your country. Yet you can drink... I'm 20 and don't drink because I think its a waste of money and I'd rather buy something else. But still you should be able to.

You can even smoke salvia or medical marijuana at 18.

Yet you can't drink

Scion tC SQ Build

Archived